Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: XEDE piggyback w/Harness

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: XEDE piggyback w/Harness

I just converted to the PowerFC D-Jetro standalone system and am selling my Vishnu tuned XEDE.

It is a v2 software version with a custom tuned Stage 1+ map that made 325 HP and 300 TQ in Dallas just two months ago.

Here are links to some pics:

http://www.carrettiworld.net/images/xede01.jpg

http://www.carrettiworld.net/images/xede02.jpg

There is a piece of Dynomat affixed to one side of the XEDE unit so that it fits snuggly behind the glove box. The price for this unit is $550 firm. I also have the factory ECU that was XEDEFlashed to remove the boost cut and fuel cut if anyone is interested in that. The price for the factory ECU is $300 firm.

If interested or if you need more information, please PM me.

Tony
Old May 12, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Interested PMed
Old May 12, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

May be a dumb question, but why is the going rate on resale for an Xede so low? Don't they go new for $1000? I haven't seen one used go for more than $600 asking. Seems like it wouldn't really wear out, and that it is still supported by Vishnu for 2nd owners...
Old May 12, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tcarretti
I just converted to the PowerFC D-Jetro standalone system and am selling my Vishnu tuned XEDE.

It is a v2 software version with a custom tuned Stage 1+ map that made 325 HP and 300 TQ in Dallas just two months ago.

Here are links to some pics:

http://www.carrettiworld.net/images/xede01.jpg

http://www.carrettiworld.net/images/xede02.jpg

There is a piece of Dynomat affixed to one side of the XEDE unit so that it fits snuggly behind the glove box. The price for this unit is $550 firm. I also have the factory ECU that was XEDEFlashed to remove the boost cut and fuel cut if anyone is interested in that. The price for the factory ECU is $300 firm.

If interested or if you need more information, please PM me.

Tony
What was your justification for switching? Sounds like a sly salesman got ya...I wonder who...hmmmm. I hope I am wrong in saying this, but I really think you WILL regret your decision. The Power FC is antiquated 1980's technology. Just wait until you see the future advances with the XEDE. It's mind blowing!

Last edited by Imyurturboluva; May 12, 2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old May 12, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

The reasons for switching are mainly to have someone close by in the event that I want to add mods and tune in a timely manner. The XEDE performed flawlessy, but I didn't like the fact that I would have to wait about a year between visits from Shiv.

That and the fact that I had to drive to Dallas to get the tunes from him in the first place. The PowerFC is definitely different than the XEDE and they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

The reason I'm selling it for 550 is because usually when you sell something used it goes anywhere from 40 to 60 of the original price. No one is begging you to buy it. If you're interested, that's great. If not, no sweat off my *****...........
Old May 12, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

I hope it works out for you, Tony. You wouldn't necessarily have to wait on Shiv...I could have shown you how to tune that bugger.
-chris

Last edited by Imyurturboluva; May 12, 2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old May 13, 2005, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Imyurturboluva,

Wish I would have known that a while back, would have been great. And the "no sweat..." comment wasn't directed at you but rather madpacket who was seemingly trying to "dis" the XEDE. I know that it is a great unit, I was just concerned about the availability of custom tuning since I'm not very adept at it.

Tony
Old May 13, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, one of the lowest prices on a used Xede that I've seen. I can't believe its still around. Seems EvoM members are low on cash during the summer as there have been some SMOKING deals on some things that have sat around for weeks. Good luck w/ the sale.
Old May 13, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tcarretti
Imyurturboluva,

Wish I would have known that a while back, would have been great. And the "no sweat..." comment wasn't directed at you but rather madpacket who was seemingly trying to "dis" the XEDE. I know that it is a great unit, I was just concerned about the availability of custom tuning since I'm not very adept at it.

Tony
Sorry I came across that way- in no manner was I trying to disrespect the Xede. I think Xede is great. In fact, I just bought one, and am of course trying to gauge any residual value it may have. A 45% decline in value for something that is none of 1) worn out, 2) obsoleted, nor 3) unsupported, is disappointing to me to say the least. This is not your typical desktop PC or home electronics by any means.
So please understand my comments were not meant to be negative. Am just trying to solicit input from others as I have seen what I feel are low resale values for Xede on this forum.
Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Old May 13, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Lunchtime bump. Madpacket, you're pretty close to Cali, I think you'll like your XEDE knowing that you're not too far away from the tuner that specializes in it. Sorry I misunderstood. Enjoy it, I know I did.

Tony
Old May 13, 2005, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Tony,
We're in the process of adding closed loop boost control and closed loop fuel autotuning via wideband to help in the tuning process for people completely unfamiliar with XEDE tuning. At that point, all the user will have to do is adjust timing to avoid knock sensor activity (all will be loggable).

my 2c,
shiv
Old May 13, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

PMed you.
Old May 13, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Shiv,

I wish I had known that a few weeks ago, it probably would have made a good bit of difference in my decision. Your product is great and obviously getting better all the time.

Unfortunately, I have already purchased and had installed the PowerFC and all sensors that go with it, a costly project. I also had the stock intake modified (rather stealthily, I might add ) so that what appears to be a stock intake box actually houses a K&N cone filter that is being fed by the ram intake as well as the box being vented.

This all came about because I am STILL trying to reach a viable solution for my alcohol kit and being able to tune for it as well as future mods.

I will repeat, the XEDE is a marvelous piece of hardware that made wonderful power on my car. I'm still not sure that i did the right thing now, but what's done is done and it would cost me WAY too much to put it all back the way that it was. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as to how it all turns out. This has definitely been an experience!

Shiv, thanks for the information also. I appreciate you taking the time to post.

-Tony
Old May 13, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

By the way, I have received PM's from quite a few people regarding the XEDE as well as the Factory ECU. We're on a first come, first served basis. So, if you're serious about purchasing please get back to me. It goes to whomever comes up with the funds first.

Thanks,

Tony
Old May 13, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

BUMPOLA for a smokin' deal and a good guy. I hope to see ya at the next SAR meet, Tony!

-chris

Quick Reply: FS: XEDE piggyback w/Harness