Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

TRE EVO 8 transmission

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRE EVO 8 transmission

I have a completely rebuilt, TRE spec EVO 8 trans still in the TRE shipping box ready to go. I opened the box only to look at the trans. Looks brand new.
Prefer a local buyer, but will ship if needed. Put this one in, and sell yours outright. No need to wait for a rebuild. This is a 2003 trans.

$2100. I will work out a deal if we need to ship

Thanks, Ryan
Old Aug 28, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why are you selling it? need more info than this. I might buy it, my money "looks" real!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Aug 28, 2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: ...
Old Aug 28, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Recent financial situation has developed. I'm back in a 1992 Eagle Talon TSI for a year or two, then I'll probably be back. At least I still have a 4G63
Old Aug 28, 2005, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

no my friend, I didnt mean that, I mean how did you get the tranny, was it ever used, how much did the rebuild etc... cost, what is in the tranny, gear wise, strengthening wise etc... also where is "local" your address is not listed! It just sounded like you just "happened upon" a tranny, that "looks new", with no story behind it.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I bought this tranny from "propellerhead" here on this board probably 3-4 months ago. It was from his car as he did a major drivetrain overhaul, and he had bought a tranny and had it rebuilt by TRE; I bought his used trans and did the same thing. Trans had about 15,000 miles on it as I understand. I sent it to TRE for a rebuild which took about 6 weeks. It has been here in my garage for about 2 months in the original box. I have $2100 in the transmission between the original purchase price, shipping, and the rebuild. I'm basically trying to recuop some money at this time. As far as actual parts swapped in the rebuild, I never received a complete list from Jon at TRE. However, the trans was built to their specs. It should be much better than a brand new trans from Mitsubishi.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 92Tsi
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I bought this tranny from "propellerhead" here on this board probably 3-4 months ago. It was from his car as he did a major drivetrain overhaul, and he had bought a tranny and had it rebuilt by TRE; I bought his used trans and did the same thing. Trans had about 15,000 miles on it as I understand. I sent it to TRE for a rebuild which took about 6 weeks. It has been here in my garage for about 2 months in the original box. I have $2100 in the transmission between the original purchase price, shipping, and the rebuild. I'm basically trying to recuop some money at this time. As far as actual parts swapped in the rebuild, I never received a complete list from Jon at TRE. However, the trans was built to their specs. It should be much better than a brand new trans from Mitsubishi.
What is your invoice number, it's stamped on the transmission case, and I'll gladly tell you every part that was replaced.

Jon@TRE
Old Aug 29, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

There are several numbers stamped on the case. The number I believe your looking for is BF6541.

My invoice number on my receipt from TRE is 405146

Hope this is what you are looking for. Thanks for your help Jon!!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

92Tsi, where are you located?
Old Aug 29, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

I'm located in Lancaster,PA
Old Aug 30, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

There are several numbers stamped on the case. The number I believe your looking for is BF6541.

My invoice number on my receipt from TRE is 405146

Hope this is what you are looking for. Thanks for your help Jon!!
This transmission has our T.S.B. update and upgrade.

This is not to be confused with the dealership TSB. The dealership is doing only what the TSB tells them to fix. Unfortunately, most of you will experience the same problems in the future because there are many things that need attention in the transmission.

We are replacing several components, that aren't included in the dealership TSB, that improves the high rpm shift quality of the transmission and various machine work that eliminates the overheating issues due to insufficient oiling of parts.

This transmission has been fully updated.

Jon@TRE
Old Aug 31, 2005, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for a Good Deal .
Old Aug 31, 2005, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, I'm only 20 minutes away from you, good luck with your sale.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Im in lancaster county also.Where do you live in lancaster???I live in Centerville.I would like to check out the trans in person if possible.