Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price

I am selling my Pruven BIG FMIC for a very low price. From what I have read, this is probably the largest FMIC you can fit on your evo without having to delete your metal bumper support. That is a serious safety part that I would never want to take out. I am asking for $325 + shipping obo. Local pickup would be ideal but I will ship out.

Below is a pic of the intercooler installed on my car:

So why am I selling this $1k+ intercooler for so cheap? It isnt in 'mint condition'. Some of the fins are slightly bent - but nowhere close from being broken off - and easily fixable. I got in an accident a little over a year ago and my body shop decided to have the FMIC replaced by my insurance company since it was a slight cosmetic issue. They never mentioned a performance issue - and one of their mechanics even made an offer to me to buy it for his own Civic project car. Since Pruven did not have any FMIC's in stock at the time, my body shop went with a Perrin FMIC, which is on the car today.

I could take the time to bend the fins back and make it look like new , but I wouldnt want to scam anyone and act like they werent bent in the first place.

The only other noticable part of this intercooler that would raise any attention is the bottom support. It is at a slight angle. It is such a slight bend that I doubt it would effect any install or be hard to bend back - if needed. Also, the IC is bunched up a bit where the support is. 90% of this bunch up is not from the accident - this is how the intercooler settled after install and it should not effect flow or efficiency. You cannot see this part of the intercooler when it is on the car.

Other than those two small 'defects', this intercooler is AWESOME! I was REALLY dissapointed when my body shop could not get me an exact replacement - I dont know why they didnt just bend the fins back and leave it on the car. My guess is that the mechanic really wanted it for his project car...hence his offer to buy it off me.

Also FYI, in order to fit this FMIC on your Evo, you will need the pruven power steering cooler and slim fan. I cant get to the parts section on their website, but the last I looked I think I saw them for sale in a kit for $120? Not only does the Intercooler look gorgeous on the car - but the power steering cooler and slim fan give the car a unique look. You can see the power steering cooler in the above pic and it says "Pruven". Very unique mod.

The intercooler and power steering cooler always caught so many eyes. The intercooler is just HUGE! The intercooler also will fit with stock IC piping and any aftermarket IC piping that fit the stock FMIC.

I attached a bunch of pics that I took this afternoon of the FMIC to show you the fins, as well as the bottom support. Look how much bigger the Pruven FMIC is compared to the Perrin that is currently on my car in the first attached pic.

I will take any additional pics per request. Good luck!

Attached Thumbnails FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-front-car.jpg   FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-can.jpg   FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-corner.jpg   FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-hanger.jpg   FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-side.jpg  

Last edited by Evo H8; Apr 29, 2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Here you can see the the slight bend in the bottom support. The FMIC was still fully attached to the car when they took it off, so I do not believe it will cause any installation problems or need bending back. This is on the bottom of the car and is not viewable when installed.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-straight.jpg   FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-top.jpg   FS: Pruven BIG FMIC - extremely low price-fmic-top-2.jpg  
Old Apr 29, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pmed
Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Also willing to trade for Defi BF amber guages (60mm), Forge RS Diverter valve with stiff spring, and/or new turbo-to-manifold gasket & bolts, plus cash.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

A few people interested but no definate takers yet. PM me your zip code and I will get a shipping quote!
Old May 1, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Old May 1, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

$325 SHIPPED to the East Coast!
Old May 2, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

$325 shipped to the East Coast, I said!
Old May 3, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Final offer before I throw it in the trash!!!!!

(kidding)
Old May 5, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Old May 5, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought bout it and the thing is, there is a good chance that the intercooler will leak after an accident like this.. still willing to trade parts plus cash for it.. pm me
Old May 6, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

J8dailo- I do not want a vortex generator... the vortex generators that are not a part of the cars body have been known to fly off of the car before the car even gets to the high speed where they are actually functional.....

There is no interior or structural damage to this intercooler. I posted pics of the most damaged parts of the FMIC and it is a cosmetic issue - not performance. There were no punctures, dents or scrapes.

I hit a guardrail head-on at about 5MPH. My car is so low to the ground with my coilovers that the FMIC was under the impact of the gaurd rail. I bet more of the fins were bent by the body shop uninstalling it than there were in the accident.

If the buyer of this FMIC has any issues with performance I will give a FULL refund as long as they send the FMIC back in the same shape it shipped out in. I will give a 1 month warrantee.

FYI I am meeting up with an interested buyer for $325 tomorrow so he can inspect. If he see's anything that would hinder the performance of this FMIC, I am sure he will post.