Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

5-Speed tranny, has whine as speeds

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5-Speed tranny, has whine as speeds

Okay folks, I am about done parting out the car. I have a 5 speed tranny that was replaced because it has a whine in it when the car was moving. Suspect diff side bearings or countershaft bearings. Tranny shifted beautifully and there were no grinds. I was going to use as a core but since I am selling the car, I have no use for it now. Willing to let it go for $525 picked up or plus shipping. Cheap core or cheap rebuild since it only needs those bearings. You can also send it to TRE for a rebuild and still drive your car around. You can then sell your good tranny after the rebuild.

Anyways let me know, has to go soon.

Alfred
Old Sep 13, 2006, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dibbs,p.m. ing at this time.

Originally Posted by ICE888
Okay folks, I am about done parting out the car. I have a 5 speed tranny that was replaced because it has a whine in it when the car was moving. Suspect diff side bearings or countershaft bearings. Tranny shifted beautifully and there were no grinds. I was going to use as a core but since I am selling the car, I have no use for it now. Willing to let it go for $525 picked up or plus shipping. Cheap core or cheap rebuild since it only needs those bearings. You can also send it to TRE for a rebuild and still drive your car around. You can then sell your good tranny after the rebuild.

Anyways let me know, has to go soon.

Alfred