Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

EVO 8 Transfer Case with TRE Ralliart Helical LSD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Did you paypal? as in buy it already?
Dude your "death wish" comment scared the hell out of me. So I can't afford to pass up this deal. Even if I'll be spending close to the same amount of a new TC, at least I'll have the LSD.

By the way, I'm selling a brand new in box RSR ExMag exhaust to help me pay for the rebuild. Original post is in the classifieds.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

I mean how can you tell if the TC is actually making a "whine" that is loud enough to need a rebuild? I mean all evos whine right? Is there a sound clip anywhere of a damaged TC making a whine? Just so we have something to go off?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by megatron
Dude your "death wish" comment scared the hell out of me. So I can't afford to pass up this deal. Even if I'll be spending close to the same amount of a new TC, at least I'll have the LSD.

By the way, I'm selling a brand new in box RSR ExMag exhaust to help me pay for the rebuild. Original post is in the classifieds.
I didn't mean to scare you, but I was going to drive mine with the howl, but was told that if it "goes" I would be locked up and crash. I just thought I would make you aware of the "potential" of what could happen.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boostingevo8
I mean how can you tell if the TC is actually making a "whine" that is loud enough to need a rebuild? I mean all evos whine right? Is there a sound clip anywhere of a damaged TC making a whine? Just so we have something to go off?
If it gets louder, where you have to turn up your radio to "not" hear it, it is getting too loud! Like a tornado siren.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Sold to Megatron
Old Dec 27, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just to add, I also have had great luck with Jon at TRE. He is absolutely correct about the gear lube, run the wrong lube and you will be buying a new t-case very very soon, he can't control what kind of crap you dump into the transfer case.