Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB Tilton Carbon Rebuild Plates

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB Tilton Carbon Rebuild Plates

Just seeing if anyone has these plates. I don't see any Vendors selling them
Old May 14, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
That hurts. How many passes did you get? Do you think you slipped the clucth too much? I have maybe 50 lauches on mine and it hardly shows any wear.

You will have to go to tilton for replacement. The discs cost a fortune. No one is going to stock them. If all the discs are hurt it cheaper to buy whole new clutch.
Old May 14, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
That hurts. How many passes did you get? Do you think you slipped the clucth too much? I have maybe 50 lauches on mine and it hardly shows any wear.

You will have to go to tilton for replacement. The discs cost a fortune. No one is going to stock them. If all the discs are hurt it cheaper to buy whole new clutch.
When we did the first rebuild the plates looked new but lost just a few thousand off. So we put the wear plate in. But ive beat the heck out of the disk with 4 wheel burnouts and such. I dont daily drive the car so that helps but with 70 10sec passes its done me good. The rebuild plates are $200 but im hearing i might have to send the clutch in to tilton