Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: AFI TWIN SCROLL!! GT3076r kit work of art, great spool.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: AFI TWIN SCROLL!! GT3076r kit work of art, great spool.

Hey guys, as the title states my AFI twin scroll gt3076r turbo kit is for sale.
Price is 3250 shipped for everything. (add $50 if using paypal to cover half the fees) I paid well over $4k just a few months ago, so my loss is your gain. Be one if the only people to run this prototype kit. There is about 2-3k miles on the turbo kit. The manifold has a lifetime warranty and is a tig welded work of art. ABSOLUTELY Stunning!!

My car is also currently for sale here... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=349211

The car is available with or without this turbo kit, unless the kit is sold before the car. I absolutely love the car and the turbo kit, but do to a job change I'm moving to California. So since California has horrible car laws, I don't want to deal with the headache. Anyhow on with the specs. Here is the stock turbo kit for sale as well..
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=351425

AFI prototype Tubular Twin scroll GT3076r dual ball bearing turbo kit .78a/r hotside. Capable of 500+whp with full boost by or before 4k rpms. Great part throttle acceleration.

Two Synapse 40mm Wastegates with Atmosphere Dumps. (These keep the boost perfect)

AFI 3"V-band o2 housing

AFI 3"V-band downpipe with an o2 bung for a wideband(I should have a plug available if needed)

All needed gaskets, and V-band clamps.

The turbo was properly broken in, and oil was ran through many times for a day before the kit was installed.

If you have any questions at all call me at 217-343-3859 or email me at brandon.balcer@gmail.com. Buy with confidence, check my seller rating. Local pickup is more than welcome and I will adjust the price accordingly. I currently live in Effingham, il until early next month.

Here a few more crappy cell phone pictures.. I can't find my camera in all my boxes...

Last edited by Gsxtremedsm; Jun 25, 2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

damn, Thats a really good looking kit...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the compliment. Jesse over at AFI(Arizona forced induction) is absolutely ridiculous.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

He's in Phoenix right? cuz his name sounds familure and the exhaust mani looks awsome, i might need 2 get them to make me one for the fp green im getting...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much power did you end up making with this kit ???? at what boost level and when did it hit full boost?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately I never got a chance to get some numbers for it. It was however fully road tuned via email flash by mitch at vivid racing. Needless to say it is very fast, I hit full boost 24psi before 4k. Right around 3850 and with the open dumps it sounds great.

If you want Jesse's number just send me a pm. However why even get a to green and have him make you an expensive custom manifold? When you can get my slightly used kit that spools at the same time or before a green(due to it being a twin scroll like the green, but being a dual ball bearing, unlike the green). Yet has the potential to make much more power. Not to mention it won't taper like a green.

If you figure you'll pay 1500-2000 for a used or new green. Have to wait a while if its new. Not to mention that's only the turbo. If you figure in a custom manifold 600-1200 at least the price soars from there. While this is a full kit. So if down the line you feel like going crazy with a twin scroll hta35r. All you'll have to do is swap and sell your old turbo.

Just saying...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

bump for top notch kits... been running a AFI kit for almost 10k now... fitment is perfect..looks amazing and makes some killer numbers
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gsxtremedsm
If you want Jesse's number just send me a pm. However why even get a to green and have him make you an expensive custom manifold? When you can get my slightly used kit that spools at the same time or before a green(due to it being a twin scroll like the green, but being a dual ball bearing, unlike the green). Yet has the potential to make much more power. Not to mention it won't taper like a green.

If you figure you'll pay 1500-2000 for a used or new green. Have to wait a while if its new. Not to mention that's only the turbo. If you figure in a custom manifold 600-1200 at least the price soars from there. While this is a full kit. So if down the line you feel like going crazy with a twin scroll hta35r. All you'll have to do is swap and sell your old turbo.

Just saying...
Because i am not planing on buy for a little while... I am building my engine up first, 280/272's, head studs, IC, dual valve springs and retainers etc... than i will buy a turbo in about 6 months. if i had the cash id deff be all on it...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

I was just saying.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

If you still have this when I am ready to buy i would love to take it...But it will most likly be gone...
Old Jun 18, 2008, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Man, I would ****** this kit right up if it was 35R.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Remember guys, FULL boost before 4k rpms. Part throttle is great, I really didn't notice any lack in response between my stock turbo and this. Spool is really really awesome. Anyhow, with pump gas you should be well over 400 awhp. Then with race gas, e-85, or meth you should be at least 500awhp.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Update... Turbo kit sold.. Car is still for sale with the stock turbo here----> https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=349211

UPDATE: Buyer decided he couldn't afford the kit and it is back for sale here----> https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...11#post5814811

Last edited by Gsxtremedsm; Jun 25, 2008 at 01:30 AM.