Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

F.S FP Red

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who built the car mac???

is it who im thinking of??
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, yes it is.

The tranny is from a White 05 Evo and Henry has a black 06 Evo.... This was the first thing we noticed. And today we are going to pull the valve cover off to see if there is anything else missing. Then we'll take off the oil pan to see if it is in fact a 2.3L stroker in there.

Last edited by Macaroni; Aug 14, 2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k20turbo
No my last name is not Pham
I really dont understand what your trying to say... I bought the turbo from this guy who is located in Florida
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...fs-fp-red.html
He has a guy building a motor for him, he wanted to make sure that this wasnt pulled off of his motor and sold on the side is what I understand.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by less10
He has a guy building a motor for him, he wanted to make sure that this wasnt pulled off of his motor and sold on the side is what I understand.
Is it Dapper_Dan?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Macaroni
I can't see the pics on my work computer but if the turbo says Pham engraved on it and your name is not Pham, then that turbo has been sold without the consent of the owner of it. Henry (kanyonkid) had his motor built and since getting it back we have noticed that the tranny vin does not match the car vin anymore and now this. He sold parts out from under him while the car was at his place and replaced them with stock parts.
I am still confused, I contacted the guy who had posted the turbo for sale and asked him to contact me over text.. A few hours later I got a text from a guy who said his name on the forum was dapper dan and he was located in Niceville Florida. I talked to him for a bit asking him questions about the turbo condition etc... Then he gave me a paypal address and I made payment he then shippped it. When I got it from him it had 3 broken studs that I had to have removed. I asked him to refund the money I spent to have the studs removed since he did not tell me about them and he would not. I have a reciept from paypal from when I paid him for the turbo. I am also going to post the pm's I have from both members (tradervic and dapper dan) So your telling me that you got a transmission back without your proper vin and your not questioning him? And how would you not know your turbo was missing?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing because they upgrade the internals of the turbo and it still appears to be a 9. Didn't you say you send him cash plus a 9 turbo? It isn't easy to see the stamp. It might be a good time to file a claim with paypal, like now. It sounds like this guy has scammed you and the original owner of the car.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05blue8
I'm guessing because they upgrade the internals of the turbo and it still appears to be a 9. Didn't you say you send him cash plus a 9 turbo? It isn't easy to see the stamp. It might be a good time to file a claim with paypal, like now. It sounds like this guy has scammed you and the original owner of the car.
I did not sent him a 9 turbo I sent him $1575 for the turbo.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

hell yeah i confronted him(dapper dan real name is nickolas nguyen) about the transmission.. he said some bull shiet that he did it by mistake and told me if i really think he would screw over a person like that..i told him theres no way for someone that works on evos with his knowledge to just mistakenly put in a evo 8 tranny in a evo 9 car... and all he had to say is if i can get the name registered to that vin.. i have to go to the local PD for that... i did do a carfax report on that vin and lead me to a white 05 evo * registered in florida... havent heard from him since... he will after i take apart my car...

if anyone is interested specially the southeast region that knows of dapper dan... do a vew public profile on trader vic ct9a and view all threads posted by the user.. i believed he used this to sell and replace my parts... there you will find almost everything i had on my car for sale. and anyone in florida that has a 05 white evo please come in contact with me i need to fine my orginal tranny to my evo 9.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
hell yeah i confronted him(dapper dan real name is nickolas nguyen) about the transmission.. he said some bull shiet that he did it by mistake and told me if i really think he would screw over a person like that..i told him theres no way for someone that works on evos with his knowledge to just mistakenly put in a evo 8 tranny in a evo 9 car... and all he had to say is if i can get the name registered to that vin.. i have to go to the local PD for that... i did do a carfax report on that vin and lead me to a white 05 evo * registered in florida... havent heard from him since... he will after i take apart my car...

if anyone is interested specially the southeast region that knows of dapper dan... do a vew public profile on trader vic ct9a and view all threads posted by the user.. i believed he used this to sell and replace my parts... there you will find almost everything i had on my car for sale. and anyone in florida that has a 05 white evo please come in contact with me i need to fine my orginal tranny to my evo 9.
I am sorry that sucks I did pay for the turbo though I would have had no way to know it was yours. I sent him a text asking him what the deal was and he has not responded. Contact me via pm and lets see if we can figure this out. Is dapper dan involved with adfab or a guy named Tony by any chance?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

he sold you the turbo along with a bunch of my parts listed for sale when it was at his place in niceville.. i did not noticed my red turbo because its identical to a stock 9 turbo and my stock heatsheild is on.. i ddint expect this from him and now im screwed over and the amount, you guys do not want to know at all. lets jus say it makes me feel like my evo does not belong to me.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:24 AM

bump for good price, i had the same thing happen to my evo 9 turbo with a broken stud in it fp charge me $25 to remove when they where doing a red conversion
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Macaroni
Is it Dapper_Dan?
I dont know I was trying to explain it a little better for the OP.

adfab, is that the tony also the same guy that does ss performance on here as well, and now goes by fab-worx?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by less10
I dont know I was trying to explain it a little better for the OP.

adfab, is that the tony also the same guy that does ss performance on here as well, and now goes by fab-worx?
I have no idea I just know adfab and a guy named Tony screwed a lot of people over on club rsx and they were from the same area
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:43 AM
Account Disabled

I have no idea I just know adfab and a guy named Tony screwed a lot of people over on club rsx and they were from the same area
yeah, i remember hearing about that, dang your fs thread has gone way OT now lol!!!

Im almost 100% sure that the tony you mentioned is the same tony i mentioned.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

I think you need to come and explain some things in this thread. I am trying to sell the turbo you sold me and apparently it was not yours to sell?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-fp-red-3.html
pm I just sent daper dan

Quick Reply: F.S FP Red