Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

CHEAP GOOD HEAD! (also tcase, vc, intake mani, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHEAP GOOD HEAD! (also tcase, vc, intake mani, etc.)

Have a good evo9 head for sale. Also a couple other parts...

Head. Sold
Tcase. Sold
Intake mani. 150
Valve cover. 150
S. Pl. Cover. 40
Ps pump. 90
Alternator. 90

All prices include shipping.

I uploaded pics to photobucket. These parts are super clean, low miles. All are from a 06 evo9 w 17k miles. Take a look.

S891.photobucket.com/albums/ac113/alexiadanza/

I dropped the prices already, but pm me w a good offer, and we'll make a deal.

Last edited by Junkyard; Aug 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:03 AM

Be careful about the T-Case, Junkyard sold me a 17k old 06 Evo 9 transmission saying it was clean, no grinding, and guess what, it grinds, Don't buy from this guy, you will regret it, I do!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:26 AM

ouch...
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:29 AM
Account Disabled

For the Loss
Old Aug 10, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

So why is this T case the same as the one you got? I mean really what is the real reason not to buy from this guy, did you sell him that part I mean really. or is this the junk yard guy?

Originally Posted by saucemaxx
Be careful about the T-Case, Junkyard sold me a 17k old 06 Evo 9 transmission saying it was clean, no grinding, and guess what, it grinds, Don't buy from this guy, you will regret it, I do!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by DIDYSIS
So why is this T case the same as the one you got? I mean really what is the real reason not to buy from this guy, did you sell him that part I mean really. or is this the junk yard guy?
I paid $1,000 for a trans that Junkyard sold to me, here is the PM he sent describing it, note the similarity

“Got one from a 06 evo9 w 17k miles shifts smooth no grinds great shape clean make me an offer. As long as its reasonably fair, its yours. Thanks. “

After the installation the shop called me and told me 3rd and 5th grinded, but the reason for switching the trans was that 1st gear was making noise on the stock trans, the important point is that One6 Motorsports in Chicago told me about the grinding. I immediately contacted Junkyard to tell him that I was angry about the situation, I told him I wanted to give him a chance to correct the situation before I posted about it. He responded by offering to send me 2 syncros (worth about $60 each), he also sent the following links
http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_proper...utch_info.html
http://www.teamrip.com/yep,%20you%20...add%20oil.html
http://www.teamrip.com/transmission_lockout.html
http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_shift.html
http://www.teamrip.com/GENUINE_FACTORY_EVO_PARTS.html

(Implying that the trans was not properly installed, or driven)
When I responded saying that the trans was installed by a highly regarded shop which came recommended by 3 fellow evo owners who had One6 do clutch replacements for them, and that the diagnosis of 3rd and 5th grinding came from them, and that $120 in parts leaving me responsible for paying the cost of removing, repairing, and re-installing the transmission was not enough to make things right, he stopped responding.

I don’t like writing stuff like this, but I don’t want anyone else to fall victim to the business practices of this seller.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:05 PM

I paid $1,000 for a trans that Junkyard sold to me, here is the PM he sent describing it, note the similarity

“Got one from a 06 evo9 w 17k miles shifts smooth no grinds great shape clean make me an offer. As long as its reasonably fair, its yours. Thanks. “

After the installation the shop called me and told me 3rd and 5th grinded, but the reason for switching the trans was that 1st gear was making noise on the stock trans, the important point is that One6 Motorsports in Chicago told me about the grinding. I immediately contacted Junkyard to tell him that I was angry about the situation, I told him I wanted to give him a chance to correct the situation before I posted about it. He responded by offering to send me 2 syncros (worth about $60 each), he also sent the following links
http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_proper...utch_info.html
http://www.teamrip.com/yep,%20you%20...add%20oil.html
http://www.teamrip.com/transmission_lockout.html
http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_shift.html
http://www.teamrip.com/GENUINE_FACTORY_EVO_PARTS.html

(Implying that the trans was not properly installed, or driven)
When I responded saying that the trans was installed by a highly regarded shop which came recommended by 3 fellow evo owners who had One6 do clutch replacements for them, and that the diagnosis of 3rd and 5th grinding came from them, and that $120 in parts leaving me responsible for paying the cost of removing, repairing, and re-installing the transmission was not enough to make things right, he stopped responding.

I don’t like writing stuff like this, but I don’t want anyone else to fall victim to the business practices of this seller.

Number one, this trans was taken out of a running car that was driven before it was pulled, and there were no grinds or other indications of problems at all.
Also, i offered to fix the situation, not just send parts, but asked this guy what he wanted me to do. He said that he was going to pick his car up that day, and never got back to me once he picked up the car. My thoughts were that this guy was trying to scam me out of money that he paid for a good trans, or that since i shipped the trans dry, the shop screwed the trans by driving it without filling, improper adjustment, etc. If he had contacted me again after actually driving the car, and confirming that there was a problem, i would have done my best to correct it. To the best of my knowledge, he picked up the car, and there was no problems because he never got back to me. This guy is trying to represent me as a bad guy, but im just a mechanic working hard to make a living, trying to sell some parts that i got a deal on from my local salvage yard from a totaled car with low miles that i couldnt buy with three years pay. This guy is a college student driving a car that was bought with mommy and daddy's money, to the best of my knowledge trying to scam me out of the few bucks that i made on this deal. Money that was hard earned by me busting my knuckles 9 hours a day, 6 days a week. Im not a bad guy, not a bad seller, ill make it right with this guy if there is a problem with the trans, but putting me down on my for sale post is not cool, and will make it impossible for me to make money to send to him for a bad deal on a good trans. Dude, just pm me with what you want done, we can work something out, but this was not cool at all. Anyone reading this, sorry for this guys drama, im just not like what this guy makes me out to be. I was in the car that the trans was pulled from when it was tested. No grinds. Also, that was the first and only time i was ever in an evo. You guys are damn lucky. I wish i had that kind of money to spend on a 30 thousand dollar car. I personally drive a 1984 s-10 p.o.s. That i bought for 500 from the same yard as the evo parts, and no, my trans doesnt grind.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:01 PM

If this will help...

BEN:

Well the car is back together and I could not be more disappointed. The trans grinds going into 3rd as well as 5th. You told me the trans does not grind, that is not true. Ether you did not know the condition of the trans you were selling and mislead me to trust inaccurate information about this expensive item, or you were trying to sell a damaged part for more than it was worth by lying about it. The bottom line is the transmission was not in the advertised condition, and I have now spent an additional $500 installing an item in an unacceptable condition.

I wanted to give you a chance to correct this before I post about my experience of having spent $1,500 on purchasing and installing this trans just to find out that my car is now in worse condition than it was before.

ME:

hey ben, i'm really sorry if there is a problem, and i do apologise, but it was not my intention to mislead you, or misrepresent the part in any way. the car was driven before it was disassembled, and there were no grinds at that time. i would not have sold a tranny knowing that it was bad, and if that is the case, i will do what i can to make it right. before going any further, just a few questions;

-was the trans installed by a certified mechanic who was experienced with these vehicles?

-was the trans filled wit the correct amount of the correct fluid?(i shipped it dry)

-was the clutch bled properly?

-is the clutch adjusted properly?

-is the linkage adjusted properly?

Please take some time to carefully read the following links before going any further. they may solve the problem. once again, i apologise for any misunderstanding, and will help you out as much as i can. the 3rd and 5th gear syncros are available, and i will gladly pay for them and have them sent to you if we cannot solve the problem by a simple adjustment, or fluid fill. please keep me updated so that i can do my best to help you out. (links)

BEN:

The transmission was installed by one6 motorsports, a reputable and experienced performance shop in Chicago. If you have any questions about installation or setup you can contact them, however they are held in high regard in the local evo community. I would ask you to contact them tomorrow morning as I am going to drive the 2 hours to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. (one6 Motorsports 847.593.9490)

Please contact me after you are satisfied that the installation and diagnosis of the grinding is professional and we can discuss what it will take to make this right. Please understand that I am interested in correcting the problem, but I cannot afford to have the transmission pulled repaired and re-installed. That is why I was looking for a trans in good repair. Simply sending parts will leave me holding the bag for at least another $500 plus labor on replacing syncros.

Thats the last i heard from ben. he never messaged me again, and never said that there was actually a problem after driving the car. yes, he tried to beat me for money before driving the car. anyways, there is the actual conversation. make up your own mind, don't buy from me if you don't want to, but I'm not a bad guy.

Untill i buy an x-ray machine, or dissassemble and reassemble every part that i sell, or start selling NEW parts, these are USED parts, and should be treated as such. i do my best to represent them the best that i can, and i will correct any bad situation promptly and proffessionaly. other than that, be honest. i, nor you will send back 1000 dollars to a random person claiming to hear a noise. yes, one6 may be a good shop, but i have seen a master mechanic forget to put in a drain plug, and blow a motor. everyone makes mistakes. the trans may have been damaged during install, or ran without fluid. the trans may have a ligitimate problem that i was not aware of, i don't know, but i did not hear or feel a grind sitting in the passenger seat of this car 5 minutes before it was dissassembled.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:17 PM

“Also, I offered to fix the situation, not just send parts”

“the 3rd and 5th gear syncros are available, and i will gladly pay for them and have them sent to you if we cannot solve the problem by a simple adjustment”

Please explain that

You also forgot to mention that I included my phone number and asked you to call, you did not call, you did not PM me. I included the phone number if the shop that installed the transmission, I asked if you called them, they told me you did not. You are negligent in this matter, not me.

As for your financial situation, it is irrelivant! maybe you can take some of the thousand dollars i sent you for a broken trans to pay me back insted of offering q 12.5% refund in the form of parts taht will easily cost more than I paid you for the trans! If you were a good seller you would have followed up on this! I too work hard, and now I am out $1500 on a trans that grinds! And as for this post not being cool screwing a fellow forum member out of a grand is what is uncool here!

Everyone who has driven the car, 2 employees at One6, and myself have all had problems with third and fifth grinding. Did you think it magically went away? You were told that you sold a trans that was absolutely not in the condition that you advertised it in, you did nothing, please explain how any of this is untrue. How did you drive the car? Did you use 3rd or 5th gear? Did you allow the motor to settle back to idle before shifting?

Saying that you drove the donor car does not explain the sudden death of the syncros for 2 gears, did they fall out in shipping? You did nothing to remedy the situation, and you have lied and omitted things from our conversation. I told you I would post publicly on this matter if you did nothing to resolve it, so true to my word I have posted.

Quote from my last PM:
The transmission was installed by one6 motorsports, a reputable and experienced performance shop in Chicago. If you have any questions about installation or setup you can contact them, however they are held in high regard in the local evo community. I would ask you to contact them tomorrow morning as I am going to drive the 2 hours to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. (one6 Motorsports 847.593.9490)

Please contact me after you are satisfied that the installation and diagnosis of the grinding is professional and we can discuss what it will take to make this right. Please understand that I am interested in correcting the problem, but I cannot afford to have the transmission pulled repaired and re-installed. That is why I was looking for a trans in good repair. Simply sending parts will leave me holding the bag for at least another $500 plus labor on replacing syncros.

Please call me tomorrow to discuss this further
Ben
608.xxx.xxxx
I hope this helps everyone make up your own minds about this seller.

Last edited by saucemaxx; Aug 10, 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:34 PM

What do you want me to do to satisfy you, and fix the situation?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:38 PM

I want you to refund the $800 it will cost to rebuild the transmission.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:53 PM

I will send you 840 when i recieve my transmission from you in the same condition that i sent it in, or you send me the trans, i will pay for the parts, rebuild it myself, and ship it back as long as you pay all shipping charges, or i will send you the parts to rebuild it, but the only way i will send you 800 is if you return my trans uninstalled, which is impossible because you already beat on it. This is a used trans. You want a new trans, buy one, but im not losing money because you mod your car and break stuff. **** happens. I will rebuild it, or send you the parts, but you arent gonna rip me off that bad.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

I want you to refund the $800 it will cost to rebuild the transmission.
why would you go to one6? I'm in the chicago area and have owned an evo for a while now and know a lot of people in the evo community, and haven't heard of one person with an evo going to one6. They specialize in civics and integras, so I think you could've found a better shop to go to install the trans, like strictly modified, apm, ams, all who specialize in evo's. or you could've came to me lol, i can pull and install a trans in 6 hours with my friend.

and btw, there are a lot of reasons it can be grinding like junkyard said, not bled correctly, clutch not adjusted correctly which can be causing the clutch disc to drag, shift linkage can be loose and not lubed up as it should be, etc...many factors. PM me if you want me to diagnose it for you as I'm in northern illinois suburbs
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Junkyard
I will send you 840 when i recieve my transmission from you in the same condition that i sent it in, or you send me the trans, i will pay for the parts, rebuild it myself, and ship it back as long as you pay all shipping charges, or i will send you the parts to rebuild it, but the only way i will send you 800 is if you return my trans uninstalled, which is impossible because you already beat on it. This is a used trans. You want a new trans, buy one, but im not losing money because you mod your car and break stuff. **** happens. I will rebuild it, or send you the parts, but you arent gonna rip me off that bad.
So your offer is for me to pay to swap out the original trans, and pay to send you the trans back, and get less back from you than I paid, yeah I'm riping you off. This is what I expected. I am going to have to deal with you ripping me off for a grand, like you said **** happens, to people who buy parts from you it seems.

You sold me junk, like your name implies, I hope this helps people judge the situation they are walking into buying parts from someone treats customers like this.

Last edited by saucemaxx; Aug 10, 2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

wait atleast teh guy is offering to help you by sending you new synchros...
not just dicking you...