Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

msd digital dis-2 2 channel ignition with 2-step, very adjustable and tunable

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
msd digital dis-2 2 channel ignition with 2-step, very adjustable and tunable

i have a BRAND NEW IN BOX msd DIGITAL dis-2 for sale, part number 6211

Now late model engines with distributorless ignition systems (DIS) can take advantage of MSD performance with these Digital DIS-2 ignitions. The capacitive discharge ignitions feature multi-channel capability complemented with multiple sparks two rev limiters and a timing control. These DIS ignitions are engineered with the latest in digital science including power MOSFET technology and efficient IGBT coil drivers. They e managed by a 15 MHz micro-controller for extremely fast compensations and decisions. In the end this creates incredibly accurate spark delivery rev limiting and timing functions. Throttle response and mid-range pull are also improved due to a series of powerful multiple sparks that last for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation. There is a two-step rev limiter which gives you one limit to set for holeshots and another for top-end performance. For engines using nitrous or extremely high cylinder pressures you can also program a high-speed retard after the engine hits total timing. Both of these features are easy to adjust with built-in dip switches. They also feature an ignition interrupt that will prevent the engine from starting by disabling the output to the coil a retard feature that retards the timing at the top-end to prevent detonation and an LED monitor that will alert you of a low supply of voltage or faulty input signals. The DIS-2 ignitions are designed for 4-cylinder engines with two coil packs.

Built-In Features
- Program two rev limits for consistent launches and over-rev protection.

- Retard the timing at top end to prevent detonation.

- LED monitor will alert you of a low supply voltage or faulty input signals.

- Ignition Interrupt will prevent the engine from starting by disabling the output to the coil.

The new DIS Ignitions are engineered with the latest in digital science including power MOSFET technology and efficient IGBT coil drivers.

The features of the ignitions are managed by a 15 MHz microcontroller for extremely fast compensations and decisions. In the end this creates incredibly accurate spark delivery, rev limit and timing functions.

The multi-channel design of the MSD DIS Ignitions saturate each coil pack with 470 volts and up to 115 millijoules of spark energy. This creates more efficient combustion in the cylinders to produce more power. Throttle response and mid range pull are also improved due to a series of powerful multiple sparks that last for 20° of crankshaft rotation.

To complete the package MSD engineers built several great programmable features into the DIS ignitions to give you better performance on the track. There is a Two Step Rev Control which gives you one limit to set for holeshots and another for top end performance. For engines using nitrous or extremely high cylinder pressures you can also program a High Speed Retard after the engine hits total timing. Both of these features are easy to adjust with built-in dip switches.

With proven MSD Ignition technology and years of performance ignition experience, an MSD DIS will make a great addition to your car! MSD Digital DIS-2 - PN 6211(Designed for 4-cylinder engines with two coil packs.) MSD Digital DIS-4 - PN 6215(Designed for use on 6 or 8-cylinder engines with three or four coil packs.) OPERATING SPECIFICATIONS FOR MSD DIS IGNITIONS Operating Voltage: 12-18 Volts Negative Ground Current Draw: DIS-2 3.5A@10,000 rpm
DIS-4 6.6A@10,000 rpm RPM Range: 14,500 rpm with 14.4 volt supply Spark Duration: 20° crankshaft rotation Spark Energy: 105 - 115 milliJoules per spark Weight and Size: DIS-2: 4 lbs, 8.5"Lx4.5"Wx2.2"H
DIS-4: 4.5 lbs, 9.5"Lx4.5"Wx2.2"H Voltage Output Max: Primary: 460-480 volts delivered to coil
Secondary: 40,000+ volts (MSD HVC Coil)

has mant many features and is just about 100 percent adjust able and tunable, provides a stock enought spark to stop your sputtering and poping caused from weak ignitions. these unit are online anywhere from $600 for over $1000 depnding on where ya go and if its on clearence or not. it is brand new in the box with all wires, fittings, connectors, diagrams, instructions. just read up on all the features of this system, just some are adjustable 2 step, WOT shifting, anti-theft, ignition curve, timing, can be programmed to change timing as the rps increase and decrease. i.e as your making more and more boost, so ya dont lean out and melt anything. i dont know much about this i just know i got it almost a year ago for 600 plus shipping, never used it, still using stock ignition, need money, so read up on this system and buy it from me because im broke and need the money haha

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/prod114.htm

http://www.msdignition.com/instructi...pdf?terms=6211

im looking to get $510 shipped anywhere in the u.s for this item, got a reasonable offer or trade? shoot me a pm. im open to all offers. thank you all
Attached Images   
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:11 PM

bump for a good deal.make me an offer people, must go!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:23 PM

i know someone out there wants it... im open to trades too