Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:AMS Race Head

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really looking for a stock head at this point in time, sorry.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

How neg are you on the price. I have a couple bucks sitting here...
Old Nov 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, sorry I totally missed your post. I am willing to neg. on the price a bit.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

you have a pm!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

back at ya!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Sold to me!!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I need you to get back to me ASAP as Dave @ Headgames just told me that all 8 exhaust valves and 4 intake valves are BENT!!! I just told him to replace the valves and want to speak to you about covering the cost of new valves, thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

PM sent with my phone #
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

I will be taking this up with everyone and anyone, unless he gets back to me in a timely manner. I will be pm'ing the moderators as well. I will have Dave from Headgames post up in here if need be as well to verify what I'm posting/saying is true
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E85evo8
I need you to get back to me ASAP as Dave @ Headgames just told me that all 8 exhaust valves and 4 intake valves are BENT!!! I just told him to replace the valves and want to speak to you about covering the cost of new valves, thanks!
I gave you a call and no answer. Give me a call back asap and we will get the problem solved.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

eric, give me a call tomorrow after you talk to Dave over at Headgames, thx for getting back to me!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Eric is definately NOT a shady person and is totally up front guy who I have never known to try to scam anyone. Quite the opposite.

In fact I do believe he talked to you rockmanx as he said and helped you get your issue with another member, who he talks to on occation, resolved. Pretty stand up guy in my book to bother helping a total stranger who was in no way involved.

Eric in no way is someone elses keeper nor some kind of partner as you intend to imply. Cause Eric got some help from someone to weld a manifold suddenly they are one in the same. Honestly you seem to have some kind of grudge or something lashing out at him... funny cause you tried to buy this head by lowballing him for less than what a stock head cost. So shady you wanted to do business with him... hrm. When he did not you now are posting nonsense here claiming he is guilty of something for having a guy weld something.

To the guy who bought the head, I personally seen this head just before it shipped and have plenty of experience with interference engines. There was absolutely no sign of damage to this head when I saw it before he shipped it. I looked it over as I was very interested to take a close look at AMS's port work. It looked fantastic as it should since it was bearly on the car. AMS did the tuning, had done all the work to it up to that point, and they had just checked everything when it went up for tuning not long before it was removed in favor of the cnc head to upgrade (among others). I can also tell you when he wiped the head off before shipping, there was fluid poured into the bowls. NO fluid leaked past the valves at that time.

The car ran flawlessly, idle perfectly, had proper vac, good compression across the board, and made over 700awhp on a 62mm billet, tiny .63 5 bolt housing, 2.0 setup... yet was on 12 bent valves your saying? Not trying to be rude but I am slightly skeptical as you would imagine and you would be if our positions were reversed. I am sure Eric will get ahold of you about it as it seems he has already tried. Eric is a stand up guy and I understand your concern as you spent good money no doubt... I will stake everything I have on him addressing this properly.

Last edited by twkdcd595; Nov 19, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

I spoke with eric on the phone and he didn't know the valves were bent. Dave at Headgames will verify that the valves were bent. He also did state that 8 of them were slightly bent or "tweaked" which wouldn't be picked up just by looking at them. He did state that 4 of them were bent and could be seen by eye. Dave stated that too much HEAT is probably the reason for the bent valves...not from mechanical failure or contact. I do believe eric is a stand up guy and will cover the cost for new valves. Dave will also post up if need be w/pics stating why the valves were bent/damaged. Dave is going to be posting up pics of my finished head as they have a new/revised portwork design that is flowing much more CFM's than when they were doing them for AMS.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Well I wont add to this thread anymore, as I have stated my thoughts and you have talked to Eric. I just wanted to add what I believe and know to be honest input as any person would for a close friend whom they trust.

Sounds like you and him are in contact to come to some conclusion. I am sure you guys will get it all worked out.