Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS:ams 85.5mm bore 2.0l pistons $400

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010 | 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

FS:ams 85.5mm bore 2.0l pistons $400

hey guys have a set of pistons that came out of my motor they have about 6k on them total i have 6 of them because a lil while back my timing tensior went and valves bent on 2 pistons it put a tiny nic in one but nothing bad my machine shop said i replaced 1 of them. one of them also has a little scuffing on the skirt from the clearances being to tight when my engine builder put it together so it is rubbing off the pc9 swaintech coating i had put on them 2 of the pistons have not been coated i was going to get them coated and put into my new motor but i am fed up with the evo it has been a money pit for me so i am selling them if buyer wants i will send the 2 other pistson the swaintech and have them coated before shipping it takes a couple days total included in the price these are $750 pistons i only want $400 shipped and they come with rings locker and wristpins pm me if interested i had a bunch of people interested but wanted pics so here they are for everyone too see. i have 1500 bucks invested in these things guys.

$400 shipped plus paypal or best offer.

all 6 ams pistons

4 coated ones

one with little scuffing that can be fixed with recoating

coated and non side by side

one with nic looks worse then it is it is smooth just has a little carbon in it to make it look worse my machineist told me it was ok to use so i put it back in the car and ran it like that and ran good spun all 4 in 2nd gear full boost the reason my motor went is because i spun bearing i ran this piston like this for 1k or a little more. but anyway it still comes with spares that are perfect condition so your still getting a good deal because anyway you look at it you have 4 perfectly good ams pistons to use for 400 bucks pm me if interested guys need these gone i already sold rods and aems and turbo kit. this and clutch are the only thing i have left. 400 shipped plus paypal for $750 pistons.
Old Apr 1, 2010 | 08:08 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

I'm sorry to hear that your getting rid of the EVO. It seems like a lot of this has been going around the community. Good luck with your sale, my friend.