Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

*socal* Titanium magnaflow ti exhaust, Innovate LC-1 WB02, Tial BOV

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*socal* Titanium magnaflow ti exhaust, Innovate LC-1 WB02, Tial BOV

I have a few things I would like to get rid of, all located in huntington beach CA, prefer pickup/local sale, but I would ship the WBO2.

#1. Magnaflow ti Exhaust. I had this on my car for probably less than 10,000 miles. It is EXTREMELY LIGHT, I would bet that the whole midpipe weighs about what the tip of my RRE stealth exhaust weighs I am running now. It fit my car well and it is definitely not quiet... sounds really good at WOT.* Here is a turbo magazine writeup about it, originally it went for $1400, quality stuff here, full Ti. I think its similar/same to the JIC one. Asking $450

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ust/index.html

We don't play favorites, but we were fortunate enough to get our hands on the new Magnaflow Ti titanium performance exhaust system for you Evolution VIII guys out there. Made in Japan, the Magnaflow Ti system caught Turbo's attention at the 2003 SEMA Show; we were blown away by how good the system looked. We had to look twice at the Magnaflow logo before we believed it was actually made by a U.S. company.

The system utilizes Japan-style slip-fit connectors with coil springs to hold the system together. The trick system is constructed entirely from titanium, with the exception of the two hollow cadmium hangers and stainless-steel hardware. Titanium is extremely light; the entire system barely tips the scale at 11 pounds, compared to the factory system that weighs 34 pounds. The 23-pound weight reduction should be reason enough to get the Magnaflow Ti system. Our biggest surprise is how quiet the system is compared to many other titanium exhaust systems we've tested. Instead of the tin can sound we were expecting, the Magnaflow system's muffled resonation is much more tolerable.

On XS Engineering's Dynamic Test Systems four-wheel-drive dyno, the Evolution VIII registered 284.1 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque at the flywheel in stock trim. Once the Magnaflow Ti system was installed, we were able to generate 293.5 hp and 291.6 lb-ft of torque, an increase of 9.4 peak hp and 13.6 lb-ft of peak torque. The largest horsepower increase was realized at 6800 rpm with a gain of 18 hp. On the torque side, the largest increase was realized at 4150 rpm, with a jump of 15 lb-ft. On the street, the EVO VIII was able to reach peak boost much quicker and pulled all the way to redline; previously, the engine would flat-line after about 5500 rpm.

Heres how it looks with a JDM rear:

Heres how it looked on my USDM rear:

#2 A Tial BOV mounted on a stock lower cold side IC pipe. Never used this BOV, bought it used. I think its an evo 8 IC pipe, the brackets are slightly different. You probably know enough about this BOV if your reading this to know whats up with it. Its still in good shape on the outside, but not perfect, you can see some nicks on the one side near the nipple but i am sure most of it could be polished out. Asking $190 for the IC pipe and BOV.

#3 An innovate LC-1 Wide band 02 setup. Its brand new in the box with everything that originally came with it except the weld on bung and plug which I put on my car. If you dont already have a flanged DP you can get one here for $14:

http://www.maperformance.com/forced-...d-fitting.html

I only opened the box to check this out, and I have decided I dont need it for my purposes so I am selling it. Asking $165 firm. I bought it from MAperformance: http://www.maperformance.com/innovat...o2-sensor.html

Last edited by termite_one; Aug 26, 2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

bump for you bud i know damn pigs in cali iv'e gotten 2 ref tickets already =[ glws
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gigsohard
bump for you bud i know damn pigs in cali iv'e gotten 2 ref tickets already =[ glws
I actually never got any hassle from cops with this exhaust on my car. Just put my foot on the clutch or accelerated slow if they were around. I hear you tho.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 01:36 PM

bump.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:30 PM

bumpity bump bump.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:47 PM

bump!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:47 AM

AM bump!