Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Brand new Tial 38mm MVS Wastgate - Great for high boost!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brand new Tial 38mm MVS Wastgate - Great for high boost!

Long story but I ended up with two of these. This is brand new, never used Tial MVS 38mm wastegate with vband fittings. All flanges and fittings included. Still in original box.

I decided to ditch my old Tial 44mm and run one of these. I'm running 35-40 psi and I can already tell, it has really helped hold the boost and help my boost taper issue. They have the ability hold more boost since they can be fitted with a stronger 25lb spring. Plus with less surface area on the 38mm valve, there's less of a chance to force the gate open under high exhaust pressure.

Wastegate sizing is inversely proportionate to the desired level of boost and is somewhat independent of the size or power of the engine. TurboSmart's guide for wastegate sizing is as follows:

* big turbo/low boost = bigger wastegate
* big turbo/high boost = smaller wastegate
* small turbo/low boost = bigger wastegate
* small turbo/high boost = smaller wastegate

Color=Silver

Tial has taken the popular 38mm valve sizing and adapted it with features from the far more expensive 44mm wastegate. This includes vband mount and discharge flanges. The wastegate has also been made extremely compact externally. This makes it a great choice for twin scroll dual wastegate applications or compact applications. These gates will control boost well for most reasonably sized turbochargers as long as they are either dumped to atmosphere with a short pipe or rerouted into the downpipe at a low merge angle. They are made in USA to exacting quality standards.

I'll take picture later tonight.

$200 shipped (in USA)
Old Nov 13, 2010, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold!