Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Evo IX 4G63 bare block - CHEAP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo IX 4G63 bare block - CHEAP

For sale is the stock block from my IX. It had 83k miles at time of removal.

I spun a rod bearing and built the motor with a new block. Why didn't I reuse this one? Because the transmission mounting ear (bottom rear corner on driver's side) is missing. It snapped clean off when I grenaded my transmission a few years ago, was welded back on, and it was discovered now that it must have come off again at some point before the motor went recently. Decided to go with a new block since I was investing in building a new motor anyway. Otherwise it is completely undamaged
and fine for daily use. I drove with the ear missing for God knows how long but there were no issues. Trans even shifted fine at high RPMs most of the time.

Really no idea what the market is for something like this but figured maybe there's someone out there who punched a hole in a 4G63 and is looking for a cheap temp block. Or maybe it's possible to fix it somehow with a custom bracket or to weld on ear from another 4G63. That's why it's priced to sell.

Looking to get $400 picked up OBO. Really would prefer local, am willing to drive an hour or so from Chicago to make it happen. I imagine shipping will be in the $50-100 range so $450 shipped would do it.

This is the damage: