Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTT[Mid-Atlantic]: Headgames head, Manley rods, Arias pistons

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2016, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Headgames head, Manley rods, Arias pistons

I am at a point where I want to make a change with my car and am putting out a feeler as to what can happen... First I am looking at the head and once that gets under way, then the rods and pistons will come next.

What I have is a Evo VIII head that was done by Headgames. I have had the head on the car and continue to run it, but am looking at a new route with the car, so I am looking for some variation of trade/ sale.

The head has the following done to it:
Full ported and polish.
New stainless valves. STD intake, +1mm Exhaust. (new 2015)
New bronze valve guides, new stem seals (New 2015)
Kiggly beehive spring kit w/ titanium retianers. (New 2015)
Lifters (New 2015)

The head was sent back to Headgames at the end of 2014/ beginning of 2015 to be completely gone through. Basically the valves, guides, and spring kit were replaced. It was cleaned, decked, and sent back. The car runs on a stock turbo, Kelford 264 cams, and the rev limiter is set at 8500 as the engine is still a 2.0L and the engine lives on Redline 30wt race oil changed 3x a year. It was coordinated with going through the bottom end and transmission.... just making sure all was right before my season. Since then I have put about 2000mi on the head and it has been through about 40 autocross passes. There is nothing wrong with it at and I will continue to run it until it does sell/ traded.

Here is what I want for it:

I am looking for a stock Evo VIII head that is in excellent and well running order that you were looking to send out to get all done up. Instead of spending full price, what I propose is to make a trade and it can all be done through Headgames. You get a full out race head, I get one done in return that has much less done. I will send my current head to Headgames to have them go over it before it gets sent to you--- it is an assurance you get what you paid for and vice-versa. We can come up with the details when the time comes. The reason for Headgames as I have known Dave for a long time and he has always done me right.

No pics as it is going to look like every other Evo engine bay with a stock valve cover and stock turbo!

The second part is the rods and pistons, again, still running them. For this the head has to be done first and I will consider a package deal too. Basically the rods are Manley turbo tuff rods, stock length. They were installed at the beginning of 2015 at the same time when I reinstalled the cylinder head. I also have a set of Arias stock bore pistons with tools steel wrist pins. Again, installed at the beginning of 2015. When the head comes off, the rods and pistons will be coming out.

As far as what I am looking at doing? At this point it is either going back to a stock configuration for one class or more heavily modified to be in another. Decisions, decisions, decisions...