Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fid
So the contraction and expansion of metal due to extremely cold weather has nothing to do with cracking? And what am I trying to justify, I own both the ebay housing and the Titek lol. And now that I see what profesionalism you bring to these forums I know what vendor I will not use for anything that I will purchase in the very near future .
You are trying to justify that the Titek is superior without any facts except for the price tag.

The professionalism we bring to the forums saves a many members the financial stress of wasteful spending when they do not realize there are many products at different price points that come from the very same factories.

Implying that because one is more expensive, that it must perform better or last longer without documentation of fact is a dis-service to other members reading this thread.

Encouraging the proof sources to come forward and demonstrate one product's superiority over another similar product with different price points is what a dedicated member does.

If Buschur had produced this product, he would be EXPECTED to demonstrate the unit's advantage in performance and durability on his dyno. Why a member would accept that another product is superior without documentation to support the claim and agree to pay more is beyond us.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Jun 12, 2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
fid
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Even though you have not one fact to prove that this product superior. I provided pictures of why I thought the Titek housing is of better quality. I don't think I need vendor status to be believed. If you think the pictures/testimony are enough proof to prove a better made and designed O2 housing great, then buy a Titek. If you think I am bogus and for some reason am lying and have underlying motives to this review then don't buy it. It is that simple. Your post with being about the truth and facts is just word of mouth because you are not throwing anything on the table to prove otherwise either but still you rant on. Our we supposed to believe you just because you say it is so? I would like to believe it because I haven't seen much to ebay housings cracking. But from someone who has made alot of parts for a vehicle that doesn't have much support, my VW I had to make damn near everything from a all aluminum Short Runner intake to DP, I am not going to sit back and let you tell me that the ebay housings are not chinsy when compared to the Titek when both are sitting in front of me in my hands. And my professionalism comments are referring to the way you try and belittle people with your remarks. Not a way I would carry myself if I was a vendor but I am not so....

Honestly, this thread is useless with banter that serves no purpose. No matter what TTP wants to believe I started this thread with the best of intentions trying to give a unbiased review on another O2 housing option that carries a lighter priced tag then the Works or Buschur units. So at least give the Titek unit a look when considering a O2 housing because it definately a nicely made housing .
Old Jun 13, 2007, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just take some picture of the inside of the O2 housing then this will settle.

If you TTP O2 housing is like every other O2 Housings out there, then the price would be consider the same w/ ebay ones.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 08:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 500whp.com
just take some picture of the inside of the O2 housing then this will settle.

If you TTP O2 housing is like every other O2 Housings out there, then the price would be consider the same w/ ebay ones.
The Titek is exactly like Megan, the TTP and the finished and polished version of the ebay. The difference is the additional +$100 in profit with the Titek.

Old Jun 13, 2007, 08:56 PM

are these o2 housings universal to fit with all the aftermarket exhaust connections?
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evolrobert
are these o2 housings universal to fit with all the aftermarket exhaust connections?
yes it will fit all DPs
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
wouldn't that quater size hole cause somewhat of a restriction on the megan O2 housing? it just doesn't seem like a good design to have that small of a outlet for the wastegate port. In the end, we are all entitled to our own opinion and won't know for sure which is the better O2 housing without proper testing. I personally spent the extra money on the TiTek unit and I can say for sure I am satisfied with the quality.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

Seems like the hole where the wastegate flow merges with the turbine flow is kinda small. Definitely smaller than the Titek. Looks to be about the same size as the hole on the eBay unit posted on the first page of this thread.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 07:26 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mrfred
Seems like the hole where the wastegate flow merges with the turbine flow is kinda small. Definitely smaller than the Titek. Looks to be about the same size as the hole on the eBay unit posted on the first page of this thread.
It is a rather large hole that exhibits ZERO form of boost creep.

Ask yourself why Tial, HKS, turbonetics, etc doesn't offer a 65mm external wastegate?

Why would they? Bigger is not better.

The hole only needs to be as large as necessary to control boost without creep.

If a larger hole was needed, INVIDIA has the LARGEST interior volume of any O2 housing and their WG dump hole is the largest as well.

So how did that work out for them? The INVIDIA O2 housing is the worst on the market as dynoed by BR.

mrfred, I am surprised at your concern, you have proven to be one of the most educated in the ecuflash forum and surely you understand the mechanics of an O2 housing.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 07:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evolrobert
No it will not fit all downpipes. Works downpipes will not fit many aftermarket O2 housings.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 07:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by caLi4G63
wouldn't that quater size hole cause somewhat of a restriction on the megan O2 housing? it just doesn't seem like a good design to have that small of a outlet for the wastegate port. In the end, we are all entitled to our own opinion and won't know for sure which is the better O2 housing without proper testing. I personally spent the extra money on the TiTek unit and I can say for sure I am satisfied with the quality.
No it will not cause a restriction. The smaller the hole, the more efficient the design unless the car exhibits boost creep (uncontrolled boost rising at high load).

You want the turbine exhaust flow as separate as possible from the stream of wastegate bypass gases. When the wastegate opens you want the flow to come together between the turbine passed gasses and the wastegate dumped gasses in the least disruptive way possible. An adequately sized dump hole at the correct angle will merge these gases together with little disruption which improves the evacuation of the exhaust.

With the spinning exhaust gasses they should basically suck out the wastegate gasses to a point when the flapper door opens.

A train wreck like the INVIDIA design just crashes the wastegate and turbine gasses together impeding flow of the gasses and is a detriment to performance.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

[img width=400 height=400]http://www.500whp.com/catalog/images/titek_evo_02.jpg[/img]
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:14 AM
Account Disabled

Here is another thing for everyone that wants to go the ebay route. Im not sure how familiar everyone is with how much of a PITA it is to install this little thing but I think most shops charge 1.5-2.5hrs(say $130-200 I think but could be off) if your doing it by yourself its a couple hour job at least. I have never heard of a titek having ANY problems, but I have heard of plenty ebay housing cracking and I actually had one split at a weld on me, I ended up welding it myself but if you couldnt work on your own car it could be VERY costly to have a ebay untit installed then removed once its cracked and another unit installed in its place.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

I've used the megan o2 for almost a year now and have never had any problems with it.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:20 AM

wow am sold with titek!!

Quick Reply: Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing