Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

!T3 Twin scroll badness! DTM FTW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
!T3 Twin scroll badness! DTM FTW

This thread involves all of the following: service, parts, and tuning. One thing that sets this company off from the majority out there, is that they are infact a one stop shop. Having known Nick for quite some time and after all the recent twin scroll debate that has been going on, I elected to have Nick build me a custom twin scroll kit that would prove to be as effective as the other most common twin scroll setups, that wouldn't sacrifice the top end of my previous kit.
This kit actually made the same power that my previous T3 open volute 61mm kit did back in December, but with temperatures of 100 degrees and ridiculous humidity in the dyno room. I was beyond impressed with the power curves, the torque curve is extremely flat and the HP curve continues to rise. Spool up comes in a lot sooner and the transient response is amazing even with a slighty larger custom DTM turbo compared to the former 61mm.
One thing that is important to mention, is that Nick has always had amazing tuning skills, there is no doubt in my mind about that. There is a reason I drive 3 hours to VA to get my tuning done at DTM. Moreso, Nick now has a team that allows DTM to exceed not only in the tuning aspect, but in the fabrication of manifolds, shortblocks, etc., that are all done in house, minus the machining.
Greg did an excellent job on my clutch install, I was quite impressed with the ease of the install. He is a great guy/friend, but his brazilian cousin is even better for sure.
Evan, who I hadn't met before is the new welder in the shop and his work exceeds anything that I had previously seen come out of the shop.
Nick, I don't really need to say much about him, his knowledge of the Evo platform and ECU is beyond comprehensible and for that reason, his tunes are absolutely rock solid every time.
We only did slight tuning with the new setup because I just had a Quartmaster Clutch installed, which by the way, is a great clutch so far. I can't believe how much the pedal feels just like stock, with the slightly more aggressive engagement commonly characteristic of any twin disk clutch.
All in all, I am extremely happy and very proud of Nick for finding a complete team that can turn your car into something spectacular right out of their little shop. I will add more comments later, I know I've already written a book, but this is how proud I am of my boys at DTM. Nick and the team have come along way, there is no doubt about that. I would recommend DTM to anybody and I find it hard to believe that some people would go elsewhere in the "local" surrounding areas, it's beyond me. After my complete setup, I almost was considering just making it a show car, until it proved to make some serious power on the stock block/head/maf/ecu oh and a TIAL Q BOV. Believe it or not, my driveability is better than it was with the recirc stock IX BOV. So to all those that think that you can't run a vent to the atmosphere BOV, you are dealing with wrong guy.
Here are some pics of the new setup.

DTM T3 Twin Scroll Manifold
Twin Tial 44mm wastegates dumped
DTM Garrett BB hybrid 35R+
ETS 4" Intercooler/UICP/mini battery
Tial Q BOV
DTM Griffin dual core radiator

So all in all, DTM providing me with and absolutely gorgous engine bay with the help from my long term buddies at ETS who hooked me up with the badass polished stainless UICP flanged for the new TIAL Q BOV along with my already owned 4" widetank intercooler and ETS 3" catback. The open dumps kind of balance out the loudness of the ETS catback, it's great. The car screams power. Both products complement my engine bay extremely well, as that was always part of the plan. All in all the car is completely different, from response, sounds, and ultimate power. Thanks again to the DTM crew, you will always be in charge of my Evo. Nick, you made me very proud bud, I already told you that on multiple occasions on my visit down there. Catpiss FTW More to come!

Quick pull vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Qp4vUWbms

In car vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKI0-wAVhPU

Last edited by xiaoni420; Sep 9, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well all i have to say is i saw and rode in this car today and HOLY ****!!!
THis thing is not only one bad *** car it is truely a work of art.. Im always gettin on Nick (owner of the car) about his car and pickin at it just to get under his skin.. I was lookin under the hood for a good 10 min just lookin for something i could mess with him about... NOTHING.. Quality in and out.. From the zip ties on everysingle vaccum line to the radiator, 2 Tial 44m dumppin and screaming to the custom DTM build manifold it is IMACULATE.! man am i jealous and just need to express how beautiful and well put together this car is..
Great job Nick at DTM and his crew.. Absolutly flawless build and install..!
I HIGHLEY recommend DTM and couldnt express more how good the work that comes from this shop is!

Mines going this weekend

DTM FTW

Last edited by 4g63smokinall4s; Jul 19, 2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

wow, beautiful setup.. work of art.. now lets see some time!!
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brazilbro
wow, beautiful setup.. work of art.. now lets see some time!!
Agreed

Now that the stock clutch wont be splipping in every gear
Time to lay down some times
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

I forgot to mention that my twin 44mm dumps take away from the already loud ETS 3" exhaust. The car screams power, period. I absolutely love it.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
Agreed

Now that the stock clutch wont be splipping in every gear
Time to lay down some times
Looking to lay down some times as soon as I can and fully break in the clutch. Then later some head work and intake manifold of some sort to help out with the flow capacities of this turbo. With this setup fully built with a 2.3 and a HeadGames head, it will be an amazing street car.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

One last thing, the DTM radiator with the dual cores made by Griffin is not only extremely large and efficient, it looks damn good.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

For any of you interested in doing with with DTM, please contact me. I will set u up with details and timelines so that we can get you guys in and out as soon as possible. I will be taking charge of the marketing aspect of DTM. Don't hesitate to pm with any questions. Become a part of DTM, you will never go back.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

how much for Nicks tuning skillz? I have an HTA35R/2.3/GSC S2 that might be coming his way...
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOLVEU
how much for Nicks tuning skillz? I have an HTA35R/2.3/GSC S2 that might be coming his way...
Pmed
Old Jul 19, 2008, 08:58 PM
Account Disabled

im i missing sumthin or did you not post any numbers? whats it put down on there mustang dyno?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

I forgot to grab the dyno sheet from DTM, that is why it's not posted currently. This kit made the same power as my old setup did back in December. The difference in dyno room temps was a good 40-50 degrees. It made 407whp with the HP continually rising, the torque curve is flat as can be, and the boost response comes on much sooner. I would say the horsepower difference is about 30-40whp faster than it was with the old setup. I will have Nick post the dyno sheet up for me soon.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

might want to also add that there is no intake cam.. only exhaust cam in the car
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah aside for the bad*ss turbo kit, intercooler/piping, etc. The block/head/intake mani are stock. Once I open up the head a bit and throw an intake cam into the mix, this turbo/engine will flow extremely well. Even with the lack of head work, the car is a monster. I guess you would have to be in it to really understand.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^ So true

Quick Reply: !T3 Twin scroll badness! DTM FTW