Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested

Well i recieved the new turbo on friday for those wanting to know exact specs i currently dont have them other then its a stock frame turbo aiming to deliver power levels in between the FP green and red series turbos . MAP will have to chime in here if they would like to give out the specs on it.

Its using a evo 9 housing with different internals completely stock appearing.True bolt on turbo.

I did the install myself with the MAP install kit and downpipe it went smoothly along with the help of a garage buddy, it's not yet fully tuned but is 90% there , and will be fully dyno tuned this weekend so i will be updating with dyno numbers soon .

The car
2006 EVO 9 RS
Stock block, ecu, head,
Exhaust, Megan manifold , MAP recirc. downpipe, COBB catback.
Injen UICP and intake , custom LICP
Forge BOV
Nisei 3.5'' intercooler
GSC S1 cams
Denso 720 injectors
Competion Clutch Stage 4 clutch with CC flywheel
That is all you need to know about my car, it is otherwise set up for road racing

This is my first impressions of the turbo

The car previously had an ATP 3076 kit on it this turbo outspools the 30r like crazy.

Im getting 23 psi between 3600-3800 in third gear before 3700 in fourth with excellent response time for a big turbo, I havent had any compressor surge issues to report.

My mivec is fully tweaked now i dought ill improve on that much more ,
it holds boost very well to redline pulling just as hard as the 3076 which are known to produce between 475-530 whp.

My load numbers are nearly identical to the other turbo above 5k and they are WAY above it below 5 grand.

The car on the 30r put down 416 whp on pump gas this feels very close to that while having crazy good spool time .

It is super torquey on the street and pulls so hard all the way to the limiter and provides you with power immediatly in 1st gear.

It has similar spool times to the FP green i had on my evo8 but holds boost better to redline .

This turbo spools so fast it can even Auto-x heres results from this sundays event i used my street tires goodyear eagle all seasons and placed with a bunch of race tire cars along with winning street mod class.
http://fvscc.com/results/2009_summer...hawano_raw.htm

I will have better results soon along with real power numbers

Thanks Chris and all those at MAP for offering up a great turbo at real world prices the fit and finish of this setup is amazing and your support cannot be beaten.

Heres some crappy photos so you can get an idea,

Last edited by getsideways; Jul 13, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet! I bet you cant wait to see what your putting down. I will looking at this same turbo when I finally purchase my ix.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

The dyno numbers im sure will be great , ive drivin turbo cars with ''impressive'' dyno numbers before that arent ''impressive'' to drive , this one is like taking a fist to the face.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha good analogy sir, I'm glad you like it
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

MAP continues to impress the hell out of me. Wanna sponsor me ? lol

Plz post number when you get dialed in.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

cant wait to see the numbers!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:53 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks promising! Dyno results please
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Nice write up man,whats your AFR like at WOT in the gears? Im assuming your car will be flashed? More info please!

-Frazier
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it will be flashed i tune myself and since i primarily run HPDE and such events i tune on the safe side with AFR's this car doesnt have a W\B in it based off my egt guage i never see higher then 1500 i would imagine im somewhere in the high 10s though ,I dont see exactly why your asking though ??
And what other info would you like ??
Chris can you post a link to exactly where you can purchase one of these bad boys!!!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by getsideways
Yes it will be flashed i tune myself and since i primarily run HPDE and such events i tune on the safe side with AFR's this car doesnt have a W\B in it based off my egt guage i never see higher then 1500 i would imagine im somewhere in the high 10s though ,I dont see exactly why your asking though ??
And what other info would you like ??
Chris can you post a link to exactly where you can purchase one of these bad boys!!!

Ah ha I see,well it seems like a nice setup man. Im running pretty much your same setup except without the turbo and injectors and with Kelford 272's instead of the GSC1's your running. I was just curious as to what your AFR was like,nothing personal. Im actually looking to auto-x my car in the future and the setup your running seems pretty ***** on as far as how I want my car to be setup for the road course. And the other info I was interested in is now in bold! Thanks brotha!

-Frazier
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Haha good analogy sir, I'm glad you like it
Chris... when are we gonna get some more data on this turbo?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just checked the Map website,i guess its not listed yet.Im very interested in pricing....unless you guys wanna send me one for testing;...ill have dyno numbers compared to the stock IX haha
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
i just checked the Map website,i guess its not listed yet.Im very interested in pricing....unless you guys wanna send me one for testing;...ill have dyno numbers compared to the stock IX haha
Yeap,waiting for MAP to chime in as well!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by getsideways
Our website listing should be up later today, in the mean time simply contact me if you are interested in picking one up!

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Chris... when are we gonna get some more data on this turbo?
Other than dyno results what other information are you after? We will be keeping wheel information private and let the dyno results do the talking

Originally Posted by SOEuro
$1199.99 shipped Did I mention that they are currently in stock and ready to ship?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy crap popsicles!

No one has clarified: does this have a bigger than stock turbine wheel on it?

Quick Reply: MAP SST (Sleeper Series Turbo) Installed and tested