Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Sparktech Non-CDi COP and Customer service review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sparktech Non-CDi COP and Customer service review

I purchased the Non-CDI COP from sparktech a few months back, but got to installing it very recently.
First impressions: The car started up instantly. I went out for a drive and immediately felt the difference in between shifts. Somehow the jerkiness was gone. My car has only 14,000 miles on it so I doubt it was the stock coils going bad.

The slow driving characteristics was totally changed, it was very smooth. I then made a couple of WOT pulls, 3rd-4th gears. The rpm was smooth like butter. Also made datalogs, no anomaly.

I was still skeptical. So, I changed the coils back to stock (almost burnt my hand changing the hot coils!) and went for yet another WOT pull. The car definitely felt rougher in comparison. I was then sure that it was not placebo effect.

But I was facing a small problem. After the car was warmed up/hot, the idle seemed to be stable one moment, then went hunting the other. I immediately put up a thread thinking that if I needed to tune the idle afr after the coil install. I was almost sure that none of the coils were bad, because the WOT pulls were smooth and no problem in normal driving either.

Now comes the best part: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Within a few moments of putting up the thread, Craig from SparkTech, chimed in. He pm'ed me some tests and after all the tests came negative regarding damaged coil, he wanted to inspect the COP. He told me not to worry as its also under warranty, and he never had a SINGLE non-cdi cop go bad. I told him that warranty was the last thing on my mind as I am so far across the world (Bangladesh). So, resending the item and again releasing it from customs would cost as much as a new COP setup.

Within a minute his reply came: "I gotcha. I will be sending a new coil and harness directly to you. Please provide address."

I was very impressed as even I was sure it wasn't a coil or harness problem, which even I told him. But Craig took no chances.

I still believe that it was not a coil issue, as the idling problem has reduced significantly over some time. If it was in fact a bad coil, the problem would have worsened, not gotten better.

Today, I at last released the spare coil and wiring harness from Customs here. So, I feel that I should let everyone know about Sparktech non-Cdi cop and how SparkTech takes care of their customers. I know that I have become a loyal customer of SparkTech.

Great job Craig, and keep up the good work!

I am running the BBK Full at 28 psi, with HKS 8 heat range plugs.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's some good customer service. Thumbs up to Sparktech
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sparktech's Products & Customer Service FTW! To be honest you just can't beat it...I've had my non-cdi COP setup on my car for a couple months now and still love it...
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

I have nothing but good things to say about Sparktech's products and customer service. I have the same ignition as you and picked up 14whp!!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the great review Shezad. Let me know if we could be of any help in the future.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Craig is a legend and looks after his customers....

Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats awesome. cant wait to install new sparktech system. 2 more months in afghanistan. cant wait to get home. good job spark tech.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Sparktech has some great customer service. I had ordered my Non-CDI, I called to follow up on the part and was informed there was a delay on their side. No worries usually, except I was getting a tune before the expected arrival date on the package. I worked some magic, delayed my tune a day and Sparktech hooked me up with the part just in time. As have been said before, Sparktech has some great customer service. I'd definitely do business with the again!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
Former Sponsor

^ Thanks and we genuinely appreciated the patience and understanding on your part. Glad you were able to postpone your tune and it got there the next day. How did your tune go? Did your tuner like how the ignition performed?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The non-CDI ignition worked great, smoothed out the power vs RPM.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered non cdi unit last sunday for my evo9,cant wait to get it.Hey Craig what is the waiting time? Iam in tampa florida area.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

^ Hi Marcin...I just sent you an email
Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

i would recommend putting some loc tite on the small hex bolts and nuts as mine came loose due to my "solid" motor mounts and haven't had a problem of them coming loose since
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cinek
I ordered non cdi unit last sunday for my evo9,cant wait to get it.Hey Craig what is the waiting time? Iam in tampa florida area.
Looks like someone got a delivery . Let us know if you have any questions.