Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review of my Evo X Litespec Titanium Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review of my Evo X Litespec Titanium Exhaust System

I picked up the Litespec titanium exhaust for my Evo X a little while back, but with my car in the shop (stupid lady side swiped me on the freeway) and school, I haven’t had a chance to post my thoughts.

The exhaust came pretty well packaged. First thing I noticed, was how freaking light the exhaust is! Compared to my Greddy that I sold a few months ago, this thing weighs next to nothing. I can hold it in one hand with my arm extended…lol. And the welds looked nice and clean. Here are some pics I took when it arrived.

The install was pretty straightforward. I’ve helped out several buddies with exhaust installs before so it wasn’t too bad. Hardest part was getting the stock off those stupid rubber hangers, but some WD-40 helped.

I was worried this thing was going to be loud since my girlfriend hates loud exhausts. But I was actually quite surprised at how quite it was, especially with the silencer in. I've definitely heard quieter exhausts out there, but my girlfriend and I both think the Litespec is quieter than my old Greddy. And the exhaust sounds freaking awesome, especially above 3000rpm, where it has a pretty deep, low sound.Only complaint is with the silencer insert, which was pretty difficult to take out. My buddy suggested using a clothes hanger and that did the trick.

Overall, I’m more than happy with the Litespec exhaust. I still can’t believe I have a full titanium exhaust on my Evo. =)