Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 stock fuel pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2024 | 09:23 AM

Question Evo 8 stock fuel pump replacement

Ive been struggling to find a replacement for my stock (i think) fuel pump. Part number on the cradle is Denso 101961-8480 and the pump itself has another Denso part number 195130 but i cant seem to find anything online with these numbers.
I dont want to go to Walbro 255lph as this will necessitate a tune which I want to avoid, just want to replace like for like at this stage.
I've been looking at the TI Automotive catalogue which lists a F20000141 as a "GSS style" 190 lph @ 50 PSI (max system pressure 87 PSI) pump which I'm thinking may be suitable based on the flow numbers of the stock pumps i saw on some old threads here
Could anyone confirm if this pump would be direct swap without any fuel management issues? Thanks for your help

Old Oct 11, 2024 | 09:57 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

All mods should undergo a tune, but I assume you don't want to upgrade to a 255 to avoid getting one? You should have safe AFRs at cruse/idle but WOT would be rich.

I've never heard of TI Automotive but from some research it does look like their are Walbro: Walbro and Ti Automotive
Old Oct 14, 2024 | 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

A quick check of rockatuo shows the Bosch 69613 as a fit. Checking Bosch's website shows the same but it also shows that it fits the base 2.4 lancer so more research would be needed.

And as Kevin. said, you could use a 255 but it might be a touch rich under WOT.
The following 2 users liked this post by schuhie:
deylag (Yesterday), ERICtheBERIC (Yesterday)
Old Oct 15, 2024 | 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Even if you get another Brand New Stock fuel pump, you're going to need to get a Tune. The car is going to run like crap.
Driving an Evo after a proper tune, it's like driving a new car. Just saying.
Old Yesterday | 05:54 AM

Why would it run like crap?
Old Yesterday | 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ERICtheBERIC
Why would it run like crap?
It won't. He is just pointing out that a tune really wakes the car up I hope lol.

The factory tune is very safe and a fair bit of power can be added just with a tune.
The following users liked this post:
EVO196 (Today)
Old Yesterday | 06:18 AM

yeah i thought he meant that it wont run right. I would tune it if i could afford it trust me lol
Old Yesterday | 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ERICtheBERIC
yeah i thought he meant that it wont run right. I would tune it if i could afford it trust me lol
That's fair lol.

Honestly, if I was in your spot, I'd probably just stick the 255 in it and plan to tune it eventually. Being rich at WOT won't come up much during normal driving, its safe, and honestly, I'm not even sure how rich it would be. The fuel pressure regulator can handle the 255 fine so its going to be fairly minimal I think.
Old Yesterday | 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by schuhie
A quick check of rockatuo shows the Bosch 69613 as a fit. Checking Bosch's website shows the same but it also shows that it fits the base 2.4 lancer so more research would be needed.

And as Kevin. said, you could use a 255 but it might be a touch rich under WOT.
The OEM part number that I found for the OEM fuel pump is MR571544. I checked the Bosch 69613 and it doesnt match as an equivalent fuel pump.

On rock auto they sell the
GMB 5481040 this matches the part number as an equivalent Evo fuel pump.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=6256&jsn=1627
Its an affordable fuel pump compared to the OEM Denso and GMB is a known OEM parts supplier for Lancer Evo parts.

Since many Evo owners choose to swap out the fuel pump for a 255 there will be a large market of people wanting to sell their OEM fuel pumps. I would recommend trying to buy for $20-30. At this price you pay less than new. I am sure there are many low mileage fuel pumps just lying around in some Evo Owners tool box.
The following users liked this post:
schuhie (Today)
Old Today | 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by schuhie
It won't. He is just pointing out that a tune really wakes the car up I hope lol.

The factory tune is very safe and a fair bit of power can be added just with a tune.
Yes! LOL Wakes the car up, Evos aren't your avg car. A Tune will make a world of difference.

I get the cost factor, save some money, do your research on who you want to tune it.
If you don't want to spend money, sell the Evo, Evo's are high maintenance. Modifying & tuning is where the fun begins. It's an addiction so proceed with caution LOL we only live once.
Old Today | 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO196
Yes! LOL Wakes the car up, Evos aren't your avg car. A Tune will make a world of difference.

I get the cost factor, save some money, do your research on who you want to tune it.
If you don't want to spend money, sell the Evo, Evo's are high maintenance. Modifying & tuning is where the fun begins. It's an addiction so proceed with caution LOL we only live once.
Evos are just like every other factory turbo car, there are significant gains to be had with just a tune but they run fine stock.

They are definitely a bit high maintenance though, especially as they have started getting old lol