Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
View Poll Results: Evolutionm.net and EI topics
LEt us keep making comments
80.00%
Make EI counter post on their behalf
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Let us Post!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:22 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us Post!

I'm just having some concerns as to is this forum based on the freedom for us "clients" to speak out, and speak of what we think and feel. But for the forum police or as they like to call themselves moderators, are they doing what is even right? I feel why even bother letting us put up the really important posts, if it's only going to make Evolutionm.net stop it as for dumb reasons i.e.: EI is complaining to the remarks and defamation fo their business(which really isn't our fault, it's their fault!). I really don't like to bash people as you like to say it, but it's what these forums are really meant for, to rebutle about what is wrong and right, etc, etc..... I dunno just vote and the web hosts' will see how we all feel.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You could have at least posted this in the feedback and suggestions forum. It may have helped your point.

EDIT: To actualy address the issue you brought up: KK owns and operates this site and has set some pretty basic and across the board fair ground rules. If you don't intend to follow them or don't like them then make your own forum. There are plenty. I, for one, think your "adding a little excitement" is closer to immature attempts at getting rises out of people more than anything else.

Instead of having threads in particular forums we could just post everything in one place so they're impossible to find. Especially because people rarely use the search function to answer simple questions. Once something's off the first page, let it scroll. And why keep threads on topic and allow ourselves to hinder people's freedom to post? Everything could just flow freely so we'll end up with pages and pages of threads that start with one thing and end with another, share content and are impossible to find content in. Perfect!

Generally I try to remain objective, but I'm failing to see this Gestapo police state you're talking about. Maybe it's because I'm
one of them?

Bah, I keep leaving important crap out and getting side tracked. Last edit for this post I swear.

If EI decides to comment it's of their own volition. If people are so concerned then they should probably consider a call or something. I think the thread(s) in question have more non-customers in an uproar than actual customers. The thread was great at first too I have to admit. I liked the factual information and the argument was interesting, but benevolent. After a few pages it turned into a much different animal. Because the forum has EI as a sponsor doesn't make it the battleground for all EI issues. Anyone concerned could still pick up a phone or send an e-mail. Because EI has posted a few times (if that) does not mean that evolutionm is where problems with them must be solved. I'd say the same goes for any vendor on the forums.

EDIT: I lied. Has anyone called or e-mailed EI with their concern and POINTED them to the thread or expressed that sort of legitimate and fact-filled concern?

Last edited by HobieKopek; Nov 14, 2002 at 07:46 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

I think You guys are doing well~ everything has some grounds rules to it and there just trying to keep the forum nice and organized. If you want to go to a strict forum go to VWvortex~
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

I feel overall the Moderators are doing teir jobs quite well...there's always gonna be exceptions but overall quite good. I agree that everybody has to the right to express there thoughts and opinion on any given subject but unfortunately, theres people out there who just can't keep there opinions objective...their are so convinced that they are right that they become passionate and instead presenting facts and data to base their arguements, they personally attack the person they are disagreeing with... So far as IE there are better more productive avenue to hurt the company's reputation with the community other than bashing in a forum. But on the same token, the moderators should vendor bashing go... we (the consumers) have to be allowed the speak freely about products and services. Whether it be considered bashing or over-rated hype. Because this forum will eventually get people who actually work for these vendors and talk up this vendor and put down another. What's gonna happen then?? Are you guys (moderators) gonna cut-out if some gives too many Kudos to a particular product or vendors??
Free-Speech is a wonderful and powerful thing but it must used with respect and tact at ALL times. Okay I'm done preaching ..back to our regularly scheduled programing.....

EDIT: I believe that everybody has the right (vendors included) to defend themselves....

Last edited by ishi; Nov 14, 2002 at 10:24 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:15 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

First off, this has nothing to do with EI at all. They've never asked for the thread to be removed or deleted. The thread was closed because it was getting out of hand. It was going from a discussion about the legalization of the Evo to back and forth arguments and attacks towards EI and and other members of this site.

Second, our forums are not hear to complain about vendors or persons, it's here to allow members of our site to discuss articles, news, and any other Lancer related topics.

Our terms of use clearly display a list of rules that should be followed for our forums:

http://corp.evolutionm.net/terms.php

This isn't a place to come say whatever you want, we have rules and they need to be followed. Not everyone will agree with them, but they are there for a reason. A properly controlled forum will prove much more useful than a bunch of unmonitored banter.

Mark
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

um... I think the main use of these forums is to spread information to others and to help one another out. Some pepole are weak in some subjects while those same people are strong in some. This is a place to learn off eachother not to what "BASH" others. Look at the big picture fella
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

I pledge allegance, to the forum, of Evolutionm.net. and to the ideas for which it stands, one webpage, under Mark indivisible and justice for all.

HOBIE FOR PRESIDENT!!!

well said mark, hope ya like my new pledge of allegance.

btw, this whole EI thing is rediculous and i will not comment on my thoughts
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Smoktout
btw, this whole EI thing is rediculous and i will not comment on my thoughts
I presume you meant ridiculous and I wonder whose thoughts you're expressing when you write. Are you channeling for someone else?
Old Nov 14, 2002, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

if you don't like the forums, don't use them. you don't own them, you didn't pay for them. it is a sort of "priveledge" to be a part of them. If KK instituted a rule saying "you can't include the word THE in your post, and you have to type while standing on your head and shouting 'i'm a mexican paratrooper'...." well if you don't like that, no one is telling you you gotta use the forum. granted, i don't think there would be much following for a forum with such rules.....

if you go to a nice restuarant, and they have a dress code, you can't burst in wearing a tshirt and sandals and claim free rights...

i think helpful suggestions are appreciated.....like if you say "i think you should include an improved search function that allows you to rule out such and such...", but i think suggestions such as "this site sucks cause of this" are inappropriate.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 09:13 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

To sum it up: A great thread turned to crap as people began bashing EI's customers. That's how I see it...
Old Nov 14, 2002, 10:02 PM

Haven't said much in many months...so that means you all have to take what I say EXTRA seriously. First off, the spelling in this place is attrocious. Secondly, I don't think anyone should be saying anything anyone else doesn't like...ever. The pledge was great...attrocious spelling, however. And finally this guy/face/thing: ...what the hell IS it? And why is he stretching weird and all on the way down while his arms are going up? And IS it a "he"? That wasn't here when I was last posting and I'm not sure I'm ok with it.

OK. Something real:
I felt grateful to have some input from someone who actually knows the "real deal" on something (senor info) and gave referenced info. Thankyou senor frog...ehhm ..I mean info. Seriously, I appreciate your input. As for people not liking the controversy, maybe some are jealous of WRX4ever...I'm not...at all...for all I care he can go drive the crap out of his wonderful damn evolution and I don't care...I don't even WANT one---so THERE!! (ok...I'm jealous)
But then also, it's gotta be tough making what seems to be a bit of a leap of faith (at this point, having been somewhat enlightened on the street-legalization issues) and waiting on pins and needles to hope your money isn't going to be possibly even LOST! I considered going with EI and I'd have a lot of emotions tied up in these discussions if I had a car sitting on a lot in Santa Ana while speculations rose that it might not become street-legal. (Even worse if it's still overseas somewhere) So there's some treading on sensitive toes here when people start pointing out how hopes are seemingly being overshadowed by increased doubts and repeatedly delayed deliveries, etc. The Clem quotes over many months were a bit painful for ME to look at so I don't think Clem could've been too happy about 'em (unless you're drinking heavily, Clem, in which case denial will fiercely protect you from any and all). But don't shoot the messenger...Mr Info (you're going to have to tell us all how to put a tilda up there if you want us to have anything more to do with you ) put the plain facts in front of us, creating havoc. He gave us a bunch of good info and defended himself against attacks for which he was then put under suspicion of posting the entire thread with ulterior motives.

The question thus remains whether to stone him or give him a military tribunal in Cuba.

So here's the deal: when things get controversial, let's try to take a little sting outta the rebukes and then the naz...I mean moderators...can herd us like sheep instead of just cutting our tHreads off. No shid guys, you do a great job keeping this forum going and well run and well organized.

So three cheers and great thanks to Mr. Info;
three cheers and great thanks to our moderators;
and three cheers and more cheers to EI and WRX4ever who we are all rooting for ferociously!! Those are some SWEET 7's and even if the 8's are awsome...the 7's have a style all their own.

I want one....a 7, I mean... .... or an 8...
Old Nov 14, 2002, 10:19 PM

Haven't said much in many months...so that means you all have to take what I say EXTRA seriously. First off, the spelling in this place is attrocious.
Dude. How can we take you seriously when first thing you do after many months is bash people's spelling and then go and spell atrocious wrong. hehe

j/k!
Old Nov 14, 2002, 10:23 PM

OMG, does it really have only one "t"?!? That's f'n hillarious What a dumbass
Old Nov 15, 2002, 12:21 AM
In Timeout

Thats what Adam has been doing in Disney world.

I honestly feel to be serious about things is dumb, I'm all about the off topic, and adding laughter to everything. I feel Adam is a good guy and he has always been helpful when I talk to him. I never call him and argu, I always have good small business chats. I call maybe once every 3 weeks.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 12:29 AM
In Timeout

Yeah, I just want to make good threads.... ME BAD

I guess who wants me to delete this pointless ISH... it doesnt bother me. Ill be back w/ good threads dont worry! go to the off topic section of http://www.hondavision.com if humor is what u want... go there!