Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

How to Stop Random Bashing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to Stop Random Bashing

Do you want to stop the vendor bashing? Do you want to have a tranquil website of information dissmination? You can have it!

Create a section dedicated to vendor accountability. A place where a customer can go to express dissatisfaction. A Better Buisiness Bureau forum. A place where no arguments are allowed and only threads based on hard experience are allowed. No replies are allowed except maybe for the vendor in question (like an Ebay feedback system).

Let people have a place to go to see the other side of the prospective tuner so that people can make informed decisions based on the positive possibilities as well as the negative possibilities. EVERY vendor/tuner does it right sometimes and does it wrong sometimes. Why not make this public information?

Everyone here has something to say. Everyone here keeps quiet. They have no place to speak. If they do, they are bashing. That is not right. There needs to be a place for customers to open up.

There are vendor forums that already exist. What quicker way to be accused of bashing than to post about dissatisfaction in those forums?

There is an opportunity available.

Create an accountablilty forum!!
Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well put, and agreed!
Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

This sounds like a great idea!
Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

if i remember right it was tried...but the ebay style things were created instead...no one needs ten thread about how good the vendor is or isnt..
Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
if i remember right it was tried...but the ebay style things were created instead...no one needs ten thread about how good the vendor is or isnt..
I disagree. Let people judge for themselves. Besides, this would not be about how good a vendor is. Check out the vendor forums. There is a lot more than ten threads about satisfaction in each one.

This is to be an accountability forum. Let there be 10 threads about how good a vendor or tuner isn't. Prospective customers need to see. They need to be informed how others like them are treated. Everyone gets there fill of positivity in the vendor or tuner sections. No one is allowed to speak about when they are not satisfied and that is an untapped market, my friend! Further than that, it is about isolating the negativity OUT of the rest of the website.

If everyone knows where to go to speak their mind, and everyone knows where to go to read about it, no one will be compelled to randomly insert there judgments into otherwise peaceful or informative threads.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Great idea man.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

sounds like a good idea, but like you said no replies allowed except maybe by moderators or the vendor in question. and hopefully there will be nonbias moderators.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

I like the idea! It's a pain to try to sort through a hundred threads that pop up when you do a search... then trying to find the ones that have information about a vendor.... Absolute pain!

On the flip side though, I believe that is what the Personal Sales Rating is for though... but with that, you can't get/type all of the information that may be relevant.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I think this is a good idea but most likely the Vendors will just come threw and delete any post they don't like as usual even if it's not in there thread. But I guess they pay the money for this site so I can't blame them or the moderators to want to delete any bad press.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

with the personal sales rating you can link it to a thread...com;ain or praise all you want in there...
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
I think this is a good idea but most likely the Vendors will just come threw and delete any post they don't like as usual even if it's not in there thread. But I guess they pay the money for this site so I can't blame them or the moderators to want to delete any bad press.
Not necessarily. They have absolutely no control over any forums other then their own. As for the mods, you wouldn't have to worry about us. Unless it gets to the point where we must step in and intervene.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Good idea
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ ditto
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asasin79
sounds like a good idea, but like you said no replies allowed except maybe by moderators or the vendor in question. and hopefully there will be nonbias moderators.
No not replies from mods, just vendors if they feel the need to justify themselves.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

i don't think evotexas is talking about starting a new section in this site, but starting a totally seperate site for the benefit of the consumer. right cody?

Quick Reply: How to Stop Random Bashing