Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

What's with all this truth squad stuff?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's with all this truth squad stuff?

Right now there's 4 posts on the first page of the evo engine turbo forums with "truth squad" requests.

Can someone fill me in on what I'm missing? Is it just that they want the truth or what? Or is it just like the "press here if you're 18 years or older" buttons on the fun sites?

Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Its a group of knowledgable individuals from the boards here who got together and created "The Truth Squad". They give non-biased opinions and reviews about everything that deals with the EVO. Tuners, dyno's, Mod's, etc., etc. If you have a question and want a non-biased answer, ask those guys.

I believe I'm correct on this issue, but if anyone from the "Squad" wants to chime in to give a more thorough description, please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Honestly, can you have an un-biased opinion in today's day and age? Think about it.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's a bunch of hodge podge
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

They run it.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not taking sides by saying anything is good or bad, I'm just trying to answer bolson's question. Far be it from me to criticize anything on this forum as i'm pretty new to all this.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Well, they are still just opinions and i haven't seen a knowledgeable thread from them yet....i agree with Dryad...hodge podge
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
Well, they are still just opinions and i haven't seen a knowledgeable thread from them yet....i agree with Dryad...hodge podge
It's disappointing you say that. I believe my two TSB/Recall compilation threads were useful. There was no opinion in either thread.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Its pretty silly

I agree that Warr's tsb post was informative

But then there is

Truth Squad: Will These mods make this horsepower question
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
i think its a good idea, but just not to form a "gang" out of it. I respect their knowledge on certain subjects but the idea of making it a popularity contest doesnt thrill me. by popularity contest i mean that theres only what...4 members? ...making it seem that they are the only 4 that know what the best answer is.

But again, they never hesitate to give you the truth whether you want it or not. anyways, im not bashing their knowledge, just the thought of a club within a club within a club...etc.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
It's disappointing you say that. I believe my two TSB/Recall compilation threads were useful. There was no opinion in either thread.
Ok, so i just saw that thread, which is very good contribution to the Evom community. So i have to take back my previous statement, but, is it still right to have a group that is ment to give the non-biased opinion and knowledge about all that the evo community needs to know when we still will never know for sure if it is B.S.? What im trying to say is how do we know that this is the so called "truth" when we are just hearing the voice of another Evo member who is not a certified tuner/ and or mechanic who has only owned a sports car for as long as the Evo has been to the states? Not trying to ripp on members by any means, the idea is good, but you would think it would be a group with Members such as people from the AMS crew, Buschurs crew, Vishnu, ect. Now that (if everybody could be honest) would be a Truth Squad
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

In reality, its impossible to have an unbiased opinion when your thoughts have to slightly reflect the thoughts of others in your group
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dzuest
Its a group of knowledgable individuals from the boards here who got together and created "The Truth Squad". They give non-biased opinions and reviews about everything that deals with the EVO. Tuners, dyno's, Mod's, etc., etc. If you have a question and want a non-biased answer, ask those guys.

I believe I'm correct on this issue, but if anyone from the "Squad" wants to chime in to give a more thorough description, please correct me if i'm wrong.
I think a few of the people on that squad are far from knowledgable.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

We should start a rival squad like what the Bloods did. Then we can start a turf war over which areas of evom are which squads. Then when the drug trafficking begins thats when we start letting the 'lac creep

Hodge Podge, Sorry Warr
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is an official group of calm, unbiased members, the Gurus.