Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Dynojet run files should be required when a graph is posted.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Testing... this was really easy.
Good job, Smoggy. Unfortunately, it will only help for Dynojet comparisons, but as you can see, the software is extremely easy to use, and you also can see how much different correction/smoothing factors can change the numbers. With you using STD and 0 correction, my WHP hits 348, but as you can see, that 348whp comes from one quick spike. On smoothing lvl 5, it puts me back down around 341, which is what I claim in my sig. I also choose to use uncorrected, since that is actual power put down without any calculated estimations by the dyno software. I've noticed recently that a lot of TurboTrix results have been in STD. In my case, STD gave me higher numbers than even Uncorrected while SAE gave around 8-10 less whp/wtq. These variations cause confusion, and people rarely even know what correction factor they were given when told their numbers.

If people post the actual run files, then it never matters what the shop itself claims, because we can all run the numbers 100 different ways to satisfy our own curiosities. We also can overlay our own graphs with those of others while using whatever correction factor we want...
Old Jan 24, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can host any file if you guys want. Just let me know.

Girlie
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can the mods weigh in on this? whats the official position? are we wasting our time?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by beavis4g63t
can the mods weigh in on this? whats the official position? are we wasting our time?
I don't see how they could feasibly REQUIRE it. That would probably just halt things more than help. However, we should make it a point to educate people, as I've been trying to do lately. I know that when I got started hitting the dyno, I had no clue about WinPep, but once someone showed me, I was hooked. If we just keep letting people know and showing them how user-friendly and easy it is to directly compare, overlay, MANIPULATE (correction factors), and display Dynojet runfiles, then more people will start using it and providing their files.

I, for one, will start zipping and uploading my runfiles every time I make a new post after hitting the dyno.