Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

this new setup sucks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its fine..just something different
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hellfire.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaulrich2003
How much do moderators get paid anyway? Can u give me at least a starting salary or wage? I don't to do it or anything, I am just curious.

I'd like to know this aswell.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

My LCD hates this new site specially the black lines between the posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:50 PM
Admin Alumni

eleventy billion dollars.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:53 PM

not impressed with new setup.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SASD209
Done. Ya got room for one more
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by gaulrich2003
How much do moderators get paid anyway? Can u give me at least a starting salary or wage? I don't to do it or anything, I am just curious.

Do you want the total package including benefits and company car or just the annual salary? The bonuses vary of course from month to month.

p.s. All the moderators are uncompensated volunteers.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

i like the new setup so far...especially the black lines....easy to see which post is which.....keeps it from all running together
Old Dec 11, 2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoja
i like the new setup so far...especially the black lines....easy to see which post is which.....keeps it from all running together
It easier to read with the black lines. And for people having trouble finding the evo general page, its not that hard to bookmark or type forums.evolutionm.net.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Looking for a job?

if your not joking il take it. i start when ready. i am the man for the job.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 06:55 PM

seems ok, except a bit slow when loading especially at night, other than that, I have no problem with it
Old Dec 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
are you guys cleaning up all the useless threads like this one after its all fix and running. are you guys deleting dumb or off topic posts to. this board could use a good cleanming in them to area's no???
come on now. Do you REALLY want us to poice that much of the content? We could limit it so much that all conversation would stop and this would become a search only site. We clean constantly on a daily basis but dont want to stop the users from being able to post what they feel. We are not EVO only ****'s after all. Enjoy the site and have patience and if you feel a thread needs to be cleaned or closed...PM me or any other Mod!

Tom
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by althemean
come on now. Do you REALLY want us to poice that much of the content? We could limit it so much that all conversation would stop and this would become a search only site. We clean constantly on a daily basis but dont want to stop the users from being able to post what they feel. We are not EVO only ****'s after all. Enjoy the site and have patience and if you feel a thread needs to be cleaned or closed...PM me or any other Mod!

Tom

tom

yes i realy want you to police that content. as do many people. it is annoying when people post off topic posts to the topic being talked about. it is rude to post dumb, useless stuff that has nothing to do with the thread.

if im talking about how good my pb&j sandwitch was 20 min ago and some person comes in and tells me about his dog eating his cat was neat in my sandwitch thread is un called for. its not his dog killed cat thread. people come in to talk about the topic at hand. not wanting to be botherd by useless crap. i think you guys do a great job with this forum but your mod to people ratio is way off. i think you should have 2 or 3 people just for this area. call them the ''junk detectives'' make them only for deleting useless, off topic, dumb, or bashing posts in the forums. on average in a tread 3 pages or more there is at least 12 or more posts that mean nothing and get the thread going out of control or off topic real fast. there is no need for it and you guys cant keep up with it. you got enoff stuff to do here. why not get a few willing people up to do this one area of work so you guys can do your job the best you can. it will only make the forums that much better and more professional looking in the end. it only will better this site. i will take opening number 1 of the junk detective team.
Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SASD209
In fact, that expression in his avatar is while trying to lift the gigantic sack of mod money up onto the teller's window to deposit it.

Quick Reply: this new setup sucks