Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

IE and Operation Aborted Error Messages

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spt
See that's just it, the coding for the Ajax functions are fine for all browsers. The code was debugged and tested. There's something going with on each individual version of IE that is causing problems for some and not for others, which is not surprising. It could be something corrupted somewhere or just certain settings that don't mesh. For example, I have 3 machines all setup with different versions of IE on a different network. For some reason I don't get errors with any of those versions. I also have other test machines on other networks and still nothing.

I disabled some of the ajax functions. Let me know if that did anything.
I would suspect that the problems are with the setting over the different versions of IE.

When I see this error, I am on my super slow connection at work. Schiett just times out no matter what I try to do. If you have an open XML connection that times out, it can cause problems like this.

These timing problems are a beotch to find when running in the Javascript sandbox on IE or any other browser for that matter.

I do not see these errors on my home cable modem connection, only on slow internet connections with limited bandwidths.

[edit]

more info:
I seem to get this error when you (evom) stalls loading a FLASH object or some advertising that I have disabled by mapping the ad server domain to localhost.

Again, this points to an open connection timing out within Javascript.

Last edited by chrisw; May 25, 2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old May 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
spt
Evolved Member

I went ahead a disabled most of the ajax features. Are you still seeing errors? Also are you getting errors on the other sites I mentioned?

Last edited by spt; May 25, 2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old May 25, 2007, 11:52 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
more info:
I seem to get this error when you (evom) stalls loading a FLASH object or some advertising that I have disabled by mapping the ad server domain to localhost.

Again, this points to an open connection timing out within Javascript.

So it sounds like you are getting an error with a embedded object rather then a slow XML response from the ajax coding. Embedded objects are a known issue with IE 7 and there are multiple bug reports for it.

If that's the case then, can anyone else verify that when they do see an error, to make sure to see if a flash banner ad is trying to also load. Also if this is a flash related issue, then it also may point to a corrupted flash plugin. It's a long shot but you never know.

Last edited by spt; May 25, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old May 26, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

so far the disabling of the quick edit feature seems to have solved the problem for me. Site response is much better and I have not received the IE Operation Aborted error.

Thanks.

l8r)
Old May 27, 2007, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Spoke too soon.

Just got the IE Operation Aborted error again and also got the attached script error. Lastly, I accidentally noticed that hitting [ctrl] + [i] insert italics brackets, though not consistently. While that kind of functionality is cool, it's probably not helping performance/compatiblity issues. Hmm, looks like some other features are also flaking out. Had to try twice to edit my post and manage attachments. The first time it generated a script error, the second time I had to click on the button twice...

l8r)
Attached Thumbnails IE and Operation Aborted Error Messages-ie_error_slow_script.jpg  

Last edited by Ludikraut; May 27, 2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old May 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Error i got today,this happens all the time.

Old May 28, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HAHA,this is the error i got posting the last error!

Old May 28, 2007, 06:40 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm still getting the error, plus the site's response time has slowed way down again. I'm not much help outside of that info, though.
Old May 29, 2007, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=273664
Old May 30, 2007, 12:26 AM
5k6
Evolving Member

Old May 30, 2007, 05:45 AM
spt
Evolved Member

I just noticed something here. The screen shots you guys provided seem to show some sort attachment within the thread. Meaning either a picture or a thumbnail, etc. Can someone test out to see if they get an error with a thread that doesn't have any pictures attached or any other attachment?
Old May 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

I can second that! I only got the error when there was pictures involved... If it was just text and things of that sort, I would be fine, but the minute I jumped on a page that had 5 or more photo's, the error would occur...
Old May 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I can second that! I only got the error when there was pictures involved... If it was just text and things of that sort, I would be fine, but the minute I jumped on a page that had 5 or more photo's, the error would occur...
Which version of IE are you running?
Old May 30, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spt
Which version of IE are you running?
I got version 7.0.5730.11, with all the Microsoft updates...
Old May 30, 2007, 10:59 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I got version 7.0.5730.11, with all the Microsoft updates...
Alright well I think I'm getting close to the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927917

After reading this bug report, it's basically telling me that when ever there's an attachment or picture you will get that error. Basically the code used to embed the images/attachments in the post loads before the "body" tag (or the relevant html tag) closes within each page. The error will pop up only after the body tag closes, that's why you will get the error even though the page actually finishes loading.

The other side of this issue has to do with Photobuckett and the speed to which it will upload the images stored on their system onto the forum. Meaning the picture you uploaded to photobuckett takes longer to pull then it takes to complete the code to insert the image in the post, then you may be getting the Operation Aborted Error. It's basically telling you the code was trying to be altered before the tag closes.

I do have several ideas that will try right now to see if it can fix the issue. Many other sites including CNET forum users and My Yahoo users have run into the same issue and are also trying to figure out what to do while MS comes out with a patch. Again I'll try my best to see if I can get this issue sorted out so you guys don't have to deal with this bug, but I can't make promises. Not the finest hour for IE and MS.