Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Wait a min.. no video section on EVOM?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a min.. no video section on EVOM?

Maybe I just missed it, but I'm not seeing a video section on the forum. Is this correct? Any reason why we don't have one.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also wished that we'd have one -maybe with a privacy statement that allows for posting of sanctioned racing as well as street racing; it'd make this site EVEN better.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Nasty Evolution
Maybe I just missed it, but I'm not seeing a video section on the forum. Is this correct? Any reason why we don't have one.
Evolutionm.net does not condone street racing. Therefore avoids having seventy-five moderates staring at a video section deleting every other post because it involves street racing by not having one.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:49 PM

Suggestion taken - it would however require additional policing efforts from the moderators, because 75% of the vids would be of street racing
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
Admin Alumni

I think most of the problem is as stated above; it'd be almost impossible to keep street racing vids out (whioch everybody knows are forbidden here). I do know that there are a bunch of other forums, youtube, etc that you can find if you really want to see them.

SASD209
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

nvm
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not tring to be a jerk in any way but I've been on car forums since the last 90's myself. I've never in my life seen a problem come out of having a video secion reguardless of what it showed, street racing, track racing. Turn on the news you'll things that are far worse on a daily basis.

What is the actual issue with the videos? Again not being a jerk or trying to smart or cocky. Please don't take it that way.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not tring to be a jerk in any way but I've been on car forums since the last 90's myself. I've never in my life seen a problem come out of having a video secion reguardless of what it showed, street racing, track racing. Turn on the news you'll things that are far worse on a daily basis.

What is the actual issue with the videos? Again not being a jerk or trying to smart or cocky. Please don't take it that way.
Not to be a jerk but this isn't srt4 or civic forums

we also unfortunately don't have a jailbait thread...
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kreeker
Not to be a jerk but this isn't srt4 or civic forums

we also unfortunately don't have a jailbait thread...
Never said it was, but still that has nothing to do with the actual answer or reason.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:33 PM

Never said it was, but still that has nothing to do with the actual answer or reason.
Evolutionm.net does not condone street racing
Do you really need a reason as to why EvoM doesnt condone streetracing...it's illegal. We all know people who do it though. If you wanna watch streetracing vids,look on streetfire or youtube.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 04:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There might not be a video section, but what is stopping anybody from posting a video of them at the track. Click this link and post your video in the appropriate section. As long as it is at a track, then there is no problems.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Does EVOm servers have the bandwidth, capacity and processing power to host all the possible streaming vids? I mean this site has THOUSANDS of users and so much that goes on at one time, it could really put a stress on the website. Just think how many of us members would view a record 7 second Buschur/ AMS EVO run at the same time and/or download it so that's the 1st question the OP should be asking.

Also about street racing, besides it being illegal, people would start calling people out and like someone mentioned we don't have crappy cars, so high speeds are easy to each. High speeds + people who don't know how to handle it well = death! The track is one thing because they are prepared for anything that may happen, a city back road or a industrial park that's way out of town is not, especially when you run into a tree, building, etc and medics are miles away.

Just my .02.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Does EVOm servers have the bandwidth, capacity and processing power to host all the possible streaming vids? I mean this site has THOUSANDS of users and so much that goes on at one time, it could really put a stress on the website. Just think how many of us members would view a record 7 second Buschur/ AMS EVO run at the same time and/or download it so that's the 1st question the OP should be asking.

Also about street racing, besides it being illegal, people would start calling people out and like someone mentioned we don't have crappy cars, so high speeds are easy to each. High speeds + people who don't know how to handle it well = death! The track is one thing because they are prepared for anything that may happen, a city back road or a industrial park that's way out of town is not, especially when you run into a tree, building, etc and medics are miles away.

Just my .02.
Well he's not talking about turning evom into a site like youtube or streetfire. Embedded videos do not affect evoMs bandwith because they are hosted from a 3rd party source.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

No street racing simple as that. Many drag racing vids are posted in that section and also in the turbo/engine section too.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

lol it is hilarious how before i had an evo, i had a honda element. And was on the element forums and that was a pretty mature older crowd, and hell they didn't mind street racing, and it didn't have to be an element racing, but something eye catching was a good source of entertainment.

Quick Reply: Wait a min.. no video section on EVOM?