Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Stolen Evos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Evos

I have come across a number of stolen Evo threads in the past couple of days, 2 of which have me greatly concerned since they are really close to the area I am located. I think 4 Evos have been stolen in the past 2-3 days in my general area!!! Thats nuts!!!

I kept a close eye on these threads to find out if anyone has gotten their cars back or if there has had any type of progress what so ever so that it will make me feel more comfortable about having my car parked outside my house or work.

Now the part that I dont understand is that I thought that we are supposed to be a "family" and help eachother out when things like this happen. But recently when I was posting in one of these threads to simply say that I would keep an eye out the thread got locked and then completly removed.....???

No one was asking anyone to investigate things, I think for the most part each person that posted was simply trying to feel better by gaining some sympathy from members and maybe get lucky if someone happened to see their ride crusing around. I know I would.

I would like to know whats going on with each persons situation so that we ALL know if the people who stole the cars have been caught or if the rides are still missing.... does anyone agree?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

interesting, and i do agree. someone tried to steal my neighbors car two weeks ago at 3am. they never found the two guys...so now i lock my garage at night....i am very very **** with my car
Old Oct 8, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

yea i was wondering why they closed the thread. Thats weird and pluse i live like 20 mins away from where they got stolen at
Old Oct 8, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

agree with you bro!!!!!! why close the thread??? haters maybe.... hope find shawn evo soon.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

that's ridiculous that people have to do that...are hard earned money and time and effort, for what, to be stolen.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by simons3z
that's ridiculous that people have to do that...are hard earned money and time and effort, for what, to be stolen.
yeah it is ridiculus. why dont they just get a legal job. we own cars because we bought them with our own work, well most of us. so hopefully those guys get their evos back. and the thieves arrested..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Cuz mods on here dont care really, not all but some they take there moderator responsibilty to serious.. One stupid comment or something and closed... Pretty poorly ran compared to other forums out there... Not to get this thread closed but I could see them take my comment serious or **** and close it.. lol

Last edited by typac69; Oct 23, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:58 AM

They deleted it, am suppose to be suprised LOL? I get a better welcome on the SRT Forums Typac9 I agree with you.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

What's really cool is how they totally won't even comment on this thread here.

I am willing to bet that they had a good reason though, not ALL of the "stolen evo" threads have been closed, have they?

Maybe it's all the idiots posting **** like "I'd ****ing kill that ***** if I caught em, and make em bleed out like crazy" Seriously? Do we all have that bad of anger issues? I'd send the ****er to jail, that's where they belong. Not dead or beaten, they'll get what's coming to em.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:43 PM
Admin Alumni

I'm sorry, what was the question again?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mods to have to do there jobs even if they seem kinda **** about clossing out threads..

but i still think we should have some sort of reserved thread for stolen evo lancer or anyother car that members drive on here
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
Now the part that I dont understand is that I thought that we are supposed to be a "family" and help eachother out when things like this happen. But recently when I was posting in one of these threads to simply say that I would keep an eye out the thread got locked and then completly removed.....???
Originally Posted by SASD209
I'm sorry, what was the question again?
I think the question was why it got locked and then closed... If it wasn't... then I'm curious as to why a stolen Evo thread would get closed.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 01:22 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I think the question was why it got locked and then closed... If it wasn't... then I'm curious as to why a stolen Evo thread would get closed.
I don't have an exact answer since I didn't close any of them, but I can hazard a guess since I did read through a couple of them.

It's probably as stated above: the immature remarks and violence that threads like these spawn. I used to clean them up and let them stay when I was a Regional mod, and they'd always go back to "kill the ****er", "set his house on fire", and the like. I think it's got to the point that if some folks can't keep their anger and emotions in check, we'd just rather not leave threads like those up anymore. It's a shame, but the maturity level here has taken a turn for the worse, IMO. You can reference some of the posts above as evidence of this.

SASD209
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SASD209
I don't have an exact answer since I didn't close any of them, but I can hazard a guess since I did read through a couple of them.

It's probably as stated above: the immature remarks and violence that threads like these spawn. I used to clean them up and let them stay when I was a Regional mod, and they'd always go back to "kill the ****er", "set his house on fire", and the like. I think it's got to the point that if some folks can't keep their anger and emotions in check, we'd just rather not leave threads like those up anymore. It's a shame, but the maturity level here has taken a turn for the worse, IMO. You can reference some of the posts above as evidence of this.

SASD209
Agreed completely and fully respect that decision. Some of those threads make me feel like EvoM is full of sociopaths.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:00 PM

well an update for you . mine was one of the post that was closed by evom . My car has not been found and is probably stripped and for sale pice by piece now. but I agree that it is a lil much for the mods to close a post that I think is totally pertinent to what this site is dedicated to . EVO OWNERS

I would like to say thanks to everyone again that responded to my post bout my car getting jacked. Helped me to get through it knowin there are people out there that felt the same way !!

Quick Reply: Stolen Evos