Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

ATTN Evom owner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WTFCIRCUS
Stuff happens were not paying for it we can't complain.
i agree with wtfcircus this is a free forum if you dont like it then dont come on
Old Jan 7, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HobieKopek
And, macPSU, considering your Summer '08 join date, I don't know how well-versed you are in the history of this site, but the downtime so far under IB has been comparable to less than what it was under Boost Labs' ownership. At least for as long as I've been a member of the site. (and that is beginning about 5-6mos after this site went live in '01) I say this, not to knock Mark (RIP) or Ali of course, both of whom put a lot of passion, dedication and love into building this site into what it's become, but simply because they definitely had more to learn in their working with this site than the more experienced current owners. At any rate, that's not to chide or anything, but I think your perspective is a bit skewed.
While I did not sign up for my account until February 2008, I was around during the days when Mark (RIP) and Ali made this the premier Mitsubishi enthusiast site. The fact that EvoM grew into what it is today is an even greater testament to the work they did.

Maybe it's due to the fact that I've only recently began frequenting the site every day that I notice the downtime, but it just seemed to me like something was lost when the site recently changed hands. Just my .02, sorry if I incited anything with my comment.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 09:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, honestly I think it's just a matter of time spent browsing. I kinda figured you lurked before you signed up (I'm guessing a lot of us did), but it's always hard to venture a guess with that stuff. I think the IB team's experience with all their other sites really helps to make the things that used to cause a good deal of problems, like version upgrades and additional features, a little less chaotic. They've done a fair amount in a short amount of time, so that too could be leading to your perception.

Anyway, sorry if my post from last night sounded harsh. Didn't realize how coldly that read until this morning.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 09:19 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know the ib team will do the best they can to fix it. They have their hands full. Most of the other sites they own never have that much "logged users" in one time than what evom has. This site is busy hot!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I've been on here consistently since 03 and there does seem to be quite a few more outages/ poor load times in the last few weeks then there has been in the last few years. Some of it may be from my machine at work being a POS too though.

I'm sure there is a lot to keeping a site like this running and I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about it. It just pisses me off when it's down during my lunch hour. Keep the site going from 12:30-1:30 EST if at all possible.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Jan 7, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
I've been on here consistently since 03 and there does seem to be quite a few more outages/ poor load times in the last few weeks then there has been in the last few years.

I have had prob 2 hours added to my day today waiting for evom to respond. This is a normal occurance 5 out 7 days a week.
I have the same problem on 3 different computers in 2 different locations.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

I use the site everyday,

As of recently I can remember 2-3 major (more than an hour) service outages

I have probably noticed in the last month maybe 4-5 minor (few minutes/maybe the problem is on my end) service outages

Either way I can't live without the site, Im sure many feel the same and thats probably why they get so angry.

Since I joined I can say the site has been very reliable.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
Either way I can't live without the site......

Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

hahahahaha, o.t. sblvro that quote from al is priceless. Never saw that before.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think since you guys switched the forum runs a lot better except for the occasion glitch with the SE.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
hahahahaha, o.t. sblvro that quote from al is priceless. Never saw that before.
that was when he was testing a customers evo X car.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

It's funny, AS I was reading this thread I clicked to go to page 2... and immediately got a Database Error! I haven't been on since way back in '01, but I have been here awhile, and I can honestly say the past while has had many more problems than I can ever remember it having, but perhaps I just notice that because I am a bit more active now... At any rate, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the new owners, but the change of the systems. You can't pick up and move something this huge and complex without expecting a few problems here and there. And like Hobie said, IB has way more experience with this sort of stuff than before, I'm sure they just need to get the kinks worked out. Just be glad that they don't have to take the site down for a week because it is flooded with problems.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:47 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
It's funny, AS I was reading this thread I clicked to go to page 2... and immediately got a Database Error! I haven't been on since way back in '01, but I have been here awhile, and I can honestly say the past while has had many more problems than I can ever remember it having, but perhaps I just notice that because I am a bit more active now... At any rate, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the new owners, but the change of the systems. You can't pick up and move something this huge and complex without expecting a few problems here and there. And like Hobie said, IB has way more experience with this sort of stuff than before, I'm sure they just need to get the kinks worked out. Just be glad that they don't have to take the site down for a week because it is flooded with problems.
IB has been doing all the updates that the site has been overdue for, issues are bound to come up, especially since there have been corrupted database issues, and that's not easy to fix.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

...so naturally it goes down right after I talk about how little downtime we have.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:23 PM
Admin Alumni

OK, so 4 times now.....damn, it figures!!