Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

ATTN Evom owner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between the almost 3 hours now I have lost to waiting, or the search function failing I want to bite the server, or what ever causing this issue. Its seems everyday its getting worse.

This one drives me nuts.
Improve your search results: Click here for Search Commands, Tips & Tricks.
InternetBrands.com ibSearch Discussion Forum Search Engine

I dont need to improve my search results when searching my own thread I started.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Multiple posts! Yesss!!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

It cracks me up that people have nothing else to do during the day that they'll complain so much about a completely free service being temporarily unavailable. It's not like it's your water, electricity, phone, or even cable service. When my cable service goes out, I feel justified to call and raise hell and complain because I'm paying out the ***.

I can maybe understand vendors who actually get business via the site, but seriously... is it really THAT big of a deal that you can't just be a little patient before you come on here and gotta say "that front lip sux" or "cool pics of another red evo!"? And so many people post so much crap on here that the data requirements of this site are probably 1000 times bigger than they truly ought to be! I don't know why people feel so entitled these days... [/rant]
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

this site is definitely better with overall functionality and usability as well as set up than any other site iv been on....the clean appearance great information feeds and fool proof overall potential of a user on this site is great....down time is unfortunate but just think of it as u sent ur trans out to get a rebuild and u don't have another dd to substitute and surf the site
Old Jan 7, 2009, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
It cracks me up that people have nothing else to do during the day that they'll complain so much about a completely free service being temporarily unavailable. It's not like it's your water, electricity, phone, or even cable service. When my cable service goes out, I feel justified to call and raise hell and complain because I'm paying out the ***.

I can maybe understand vendors who actually get business via the site, but seriously... is it really THAT big of a deal that you can't just be a little patient before you come on here and gotta say "that front lip sux" or "cool pics of another red evo!"? And so many people post so much crap on here that the data requirements of this site are probably 1000 times bigger than they truly ought to be! I don't know why people feel so entitled these days... [/rant]

When you start adding up all the hours in day that spent waiting or trying to answer customers questions, and you cant reply or look up the info it gets a little annoying cause people wont wait forever for a reply. So business I could have got today will now be one more thing I have to do tommorow.

As far as those who are here on as just a member, they should have a little patience. But for mods, and vendors it gets time consuming. Esp. for mods when they have to clean up so much ever day or get 5000 of the same questions every day. That cant be fun.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really look at my join day, and this is the first time i say something about it. Yeah is a free service. Dont worry this is not the only evolution forum around, but it is the most popular. If they would like to keep it like that, i suggest they maintain the servers better.

I am not placing blame on no body, but there's a problem fix it. They make money from all the vendors and advertisement. And you know why they make money because of all of us the users that come here, and support the vendors and so on.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Believe me, I'm not worried in the least... I think a little thinning of the herd wouldn't be so bad. But congrats on making it 6 months without complaining!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe me, I'm not worried in the least... I think a little thinning of the herd wouldn't be so bad. But congrats on making it 6 months without complaining!
Nice avatar. I get it, you been here longer and have more post than me. Im sorry to have taken your time.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

I can deal with inconvenience as a part of the growing pains, believe me I can understand this from a technical standpoint. Also I have not been as frustrated with the site being down as some. However I do wish the search function would just go back and stay the way it used to be. I don't know about anyone else but it has been driving me nuts. So if I had one request it would be to return the search function to how it used to be if that is possible.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 09:35 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Papi4baby
Dont worry this is not the only evolution forum around, but it is the most popular........

it is the original evo forum before the evo even came to the states.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:45 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Closed, this thread doesn't serve any purpose anymore other than to whine. Also, the server wasn't the reason for the downtime, the cause has been fixed (failed switch into Internet Brand's storage cluster) , and a redundant system is being put into place.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 07:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

To address the initial question, the outage was caused by a hardware failure. The issue is being addressed, and redundancies are being put into place to avoid this happening again in the future.