Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Racing

Guys I was just wondering lately as to why no one is allowed to post about street racing what so ever. I do not condone it but why cant someone even speak about and using an excuse to say its illegal which it is doesnt justify not talking about it. Changing your emissions devices ie.. test pipe , down pipe is illegal on cars in certain regions how is this acceptable?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Test pipes don't KILL people,street racing does.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:46 PM

Your wrong smog does kill people hence the cap and trade bill but thats another topic all together lol, people die at the drag strip too speeding kills period. I am just sayin this is an ethusiast site.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Street racing is the stupidity that has cost me and a bunch of other people their friends/loved one's lives. I lost a great friend who was street racing and died. Not to mention all of the innocent bystanders and members of the public who have been involved in accidents because two idiots needed to measure their d!cks with their cars instead of a ruler.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am surprised a Mod hasn't posted in here yet...But there are MANY different reasons street racing isn't on this site and a good example is what DonHugo said...another would be if we started posting videos and talking about street racing, Cops would start to lurk on here and find out where people are racing at and bust all of them and there is also a very good chance this site could be shut down for stuff like that....
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Street racing is dangerous. People do not talk about it on the forums because it is illegal, and in no way is anyone admitting that they run a test pipe on the street, or that would be illegal too. Talking about street racing online and on this site can raise legal issues for the host server. For instance, if you take a video of you street racing your buddy, and something would happen, or even if nothing did happen, you broke the speed limit and broke the law. If a police officer sees that, and decides to investigate they can subpoena the site to give up your IP numbers and they can track you to your computer. Why even risk the hassle? They banned it, as they should have. It is illegal, they don't want to get involved, or have you broadcast it on the site. I commend them for it.

Don't street race, its stupid and you have the possibility of killing people

/thread
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
It is possible to die at any track. No one ever seems to point that either, but people have been killed by supercharger explosions, cars on track crossing the line, jumping the wall, etc. Anything in life is a risk, people that spectate are accepting that risk as much as the drivers.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:37 PM

This thread should not be closed it is a discussion about a site rule PERIOD.. I am not here to argue about whether or not its illegal to street race or not just discuss why its prohibited I am allowed to question rules. As far as legal issues go for posting vids and admitting to illegal mods I think authorities have bigger fish to fry just look at svtperformance.com they post all sorts of street vids of themselves and others hell there is even the Donut Shop in which cops which are members and enthusiasts of the forums themselves get involved on topics, And the sites been going strong for over 5 years. I am just here to discuss why we cant even post vids on it let alone talk about it.If every one here who has an evo hasnt even sped over the limit your lying even if your going from 0-60 to get on the highway thats called exhibition of speed. I know there is a line between speeding and racing BUT they are both illegal and even posting about modding your car with any performance part emissions legal or not is still insinuating breaking the law in some degree.We bought these cars for performance not for a grandmas daily driver this site is an enthusiast site just wanna know why there is no tolerance for it .

Last edited by EvoX777; Nov 20, 2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The site does not want to associate with that high profile illegal activity and in order to send a message that it is not condoned or supported is to not allow it references to it. They cannot be subject to liability for supporting an illegal activity that killed a forum member or reader if it is not allowed to be published on their site.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
It is possible to die at any track. No one ever seems to point that either, but people have been killed by supercharger explosions, cars on track crossing the line, jumping the wall, etc. Anything in life is a risk, people that spectate are accepting that risk as much as the drivers.
True, but the people at the tracks are there to see a race, in a closed area with safety crews and as many measures possible to keep the public safe.

On the road, no such crews are there and who knows, mom might come out from a sidestreet in her minivan with her toddler in the car. She's on the way to a quickie mart to get a half gallon of milk to calm the screaming child in the back and blammo she gets rammed by douchetard streetracer and someone loses a mother and a child.

Examples like this is why we don't talk about streetracing. You want another, click on the rememberance of mark modaressi link on the top right hand corner of the screen.

/rant, close thread
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:55 PM

True there are high risks to street racing and racing at the track precautions are made all around people know possibilities and consequences that happen all the time whats the difference between watching street racing vids and giving a guy a how to instruction on installing a turboback or an upgrade turbokit your still giving him the bullets for his gun just not telling him how to pull the trigger. Im saying if we are too scarred to talk about illegal activity associated with street racing this site shoulding even exist.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mark Modaressi the guy that made this site got killed by a street racer I believe in Las Vages.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
1. Drag racing was not the right area to talk about this.

2. Street racing is ILLEGAL. Drag racing at the track is not. Like others have said, the risks involved at the track are still there, but they do not involve the public who are not aware of said dangers. A person driving there old merry way home gets t-boned by 2 idiots street racing is a world different than a driver or spectator at a track getting hurt. The track people came to the event. Public has no choice in a street race.

There are accepted forms of racing. NHRA, SCCA, NASA, etc. They are legal, sanctioned venues to safely and support to learn your car.

We do not support illegal street racing activities on this site. No kills, no nonsense. If you want that, please look else where.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:28 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Mark Modaressi the guy that made this site got killed by a street racer I believe in Las Vages.
http://www.freelancenews.com/news/22...life-in-prison

not a street racer but a deranged man.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
agreed

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
please get your facts straight