Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Viruses from EvoM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012 | 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mikerock
works fine on my mac...

sorry, i had to be that guy.
Only a matter of time until MAC users have widespread issues. There have been multiple widespread instances already.

Originally Posted by Vivid Racing
Works fine on my PCs and my Android phone, too

Sorry, had to be that guy.

On topic: OP, check out NoScripts and AdBlock Plus for Firefox. If you're still using Internet Explorer, stop ASAP. It's awful.
This. Get Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, I prefer Chrome myself.

Last edited by evo 9 guy; Apr 16, 2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Grammer error.
Old Apr 16, 2012 | 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

I had 2 computers crash this week and this site has been in use on both.. I believe the last thing I viewed was an injector how to if that helps. Hopefully this can get squared away
Old Apr 16, 2012 | 01:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

We have zero reason to believe Evom is serving any viruses. It is simply unsubstantiated spectulation to state a recent computer crash is associated with Evom.

As I stated, on rare occasions, a Google ad linked to a suspicious site will set-off a virus warning. I haven't seen one this year and I use a anti virus suite that updates every 30 minutes. It is impossible to track down any of these concerns without it being reproducible or at the very least an exact URL. If anyone gets a virus warning please copy the click thru URL link and we'll get the ad removed or provide tech support with details they can work with. Please start a new thread if you have experienced a recent documented virus event while logged into Evom. Thanks and thread closed.

Bob..
Old Apr 16, 2012 | 01:07 PM
EvoM Administrator

I'm with Speedlimit. I'm on this site every day, and have not had any issues this year. My firewall at work is overactive.

I do tend to ignore the google ads, because I also hit the weather channel a couple times a week, and they are spammed to death, so it pulls them over to other sites I visit.