Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2004, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Opinions

My southern brethren, please state yours on the matter!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=102725
Old Oct 10, 2004, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatch this....

Cast.....

Theres enough loud mouthed a$$holes ranting in all of the threads without making a group to rant in. It will not change a thing. People will still read a thread that is simply asking for help on an HKS RS kit and 300 will chime in that its crap and another 300 will chime in that if you want like the sound of a BOV then go for it. Ebay is ebay and is in the business of making money and this is an open forum that a few folks have been ace enough to give us. If people spent more time working on thier car and less time arguing in forums the world would be a faster place. Don't give them a place and a reason to complain/flame/***** about trivial crap.

BTW your sig says enough about vendor bashing. Why do you want a forum to carry it forward?

Hook line and sinker?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Tell me what my sig says about vendor bashing. Point it out.

As for the rest of your thread, I respectfully disagree.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

evotexas, this is the example i was mentioning to you yesterday. there is a new kind of poster here in the forums, the one who wants to silence the opinions of those who have been affected by poor business practices, the ones who dont want to give a voice to the poeple who have spent their hard earned money on a product and havent got what they paid for.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

yeh jason i agree....this new type of poster makes me angry....
Old Oct 11, 2004, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
My southern brethren, please state yours on the matter!
I don't quite see the point of what you're suggesting. No offense intended; just MHO (since you asked). Perhaps I've not read enough threads to see the problems you've seen.

Unless you're indirectly referring to the Vishnu/Dynoflash thing, in which case I've already read enough to just ignore those threads entirely.

Then again, they're not of much interest to me because I've probably got the only Evo in Texas that is still basically stock. Unless you consider DOT 4 brake fluid to be a "mod".
Old Oct 11, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Berserker
I don't quite see the point of what you're suggesting. No offense intended; just MHO (since you asked). Perhaps I've not read enough threads to see the problems you've seen.

Unless you're indirectly referring to the Vishnu/Dynoflash thing, in which case I've already read enough to just ignore those threads entirely.

Then again, they're not of much interest to me because I've probably got the only Evo in Texas that is still basically stock. Unless you consider DOT 4 brake fluid to be a "mod".
Well, you're relatively new and you have one post so I'll let this slide. But hey man, from where do I know your screen name? What other car board?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

He's not relatively new, his posts in motorsport forums don't count towards his post count.... Always know the source and don't always trust what you read..
Old Oct 11, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
He's not relatively new, his posts in motorsport forums don't count towards his post count.... Always know the source and don't always trust what you read..
Ok, I read that he got here a little over 3 months ago. To me, that is relatively new regardless of post count. Before you philosophize with me, expand your philosophy. I'm well aware of how the post count works.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Well, you're relatively new and you have one post so I'll let this slide. But hey man, from where do I know your screen name? What other car board?
I use the same handle on ConeCrazy.

I have to admit that I'm somewhat taken aback by how you're conducting yourself in this thread. You actively solicited opinions, but now are bashing people whose opinions don't agree with your own.

There are myriad ironies here, given the subject upon which you were originally soliciting opinions.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoTexas
I don't think that responses by fanboys, groupies, and brand loyal customers to a given vendor/tuner in question should be allowed.
that's your one flaw in this whole idea.
you want a forum where you can sit around and bash vendors, but you don't want the above people, who more often than not have had good experiences with the vendors, to post.

I would even go as far as to say you're a fanboy of TurboTrix now, does that mean you shouldn't post about turbotrix?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

no one wants a forum where you can bash vendors, just a forum where users and customers of vendors can share their problems and negative experiences. without being bashed by other users for being honest about their experiences. in return other users and potintial customers can make a more educated and inform decision on which vendor they want to spend their money with.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RobertK
that's your one flaw in this whole idea.
you want a forum where you can sit around and bash vendors, but you don't want the above people, who more often than not have had good experiences with the vendors, to post.

I would even go as far as to say you're a fanboy of TurboTrix now, does that mean you shouldn't post about turbotrix?
You're a moderator now, big boy. You should exhibit a little more class.

However, to answer your question, you have completely missed the point as I might expect being that you went to OU. The forum is to be a forum where people can make vendors and tuners accountable. SO WITH THAT, should someone have negative experiences to share about TurboTrix, I SHOULD NOT reply to them. It's their negative experience and not my business. My good experiences with TurboTrix should be kept to their vendor section or simple recommendations when asked, which they are.

If you have something to say, try to express it in a non-confrontational manner or at least be professional. I know they don't teach that at OU, but at least TRY.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Berserker
I use the same handle on ConeCrazy.

I have to admit that I'm somewhat taken aback by how you're conducting yourself in this thread. You actively solicited opinions, but now are bashing people whose opinions don't agree with your own.

There are myriad ironies here, given the subject upon which you were originally soliciting opinions.
Hey man, I didn't bash anyone, especially you for disagreeing with me. The first guy, however, was extremely abrasive in his approach and I was offended by that. You, however, were polite and offered a valid opinion. I was just joking around with because I have never seen you outside the Motorsports forums. That's probably where I have seen your screen name. Anyways, it is one thing to disagree and another to come out and say that, "It's the stupidest thing you've ever heard" which I am sure it is not.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

You, however, were polite and offered a valid opinion. I was just joking around....
Fair enough. I just took your "slide" comment the wrong way. It's easy to misjudge people in cyberspace. My bad.