Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

What happened to Wasabi?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I been following this post, and I have a bit of a concern. I am comming up to Dallas on 12-10 for the TurboTrix dyno days. If some of you are already having problems with Wasabi, then whats to say they won't have the shop open/ready for the dyno sessions???? I have already made my hotel reservations, and am installing some cams/gears/maybe a turbo, just for the event. Any insight on Wasabi's issues would greatly be appreciated here on my end, and probably everyone elses.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The TurboTrix event will not be canceled no matter what happens with Wasabi. I already have alternatives lined up if needed.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep me posted guys ... this is crazy ...

Mark
turbotrix

p.s. good thing i didnt book the hotel yet ..
Old Oct 19, 2004, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

well there are 2 other awd dynos in the metroplex. so, there shouldn't be any major hangups. other than a longer drive from the hotel to the dyno.

vincent
Old Oct 19, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

so any updates?....on wasabi....because i spoke to chris and he said he was mailing out my "winnings" from the last dyno day...and i still havent recieved anything....and also i was planning on having them do some work on my car....crap....anyways...keep me posted...
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Caleb, you bandit, the tuning sessions have been moved to FIS and I don't think you will have much of an opportunity to have work done at Wasabi in the future.

There is a grapevine in the tuning community that carries the message that Wasabi Racing is out of business. It carries information that indicates they have closed up shop. More information is pending and everything I have posted thus far is UNofficial and I want to give Wasabi Racing and Chris M. every opportunity to sign onto this board and state otherwise. I hope he does as Wasabi has been good to work with thus far for NTEC events.

For those of you who have had problems getting in touch with them, another option is to PM zilla killa. Maybe that will provide more luck; I can't say for sure.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

new hotel location has been posted in the turbo trix forum under the dec 10 & 11 thread. it is very close to F.I.S., also it is the same hotel so for those who have made reservations already they should easily be able to transfer them to the new location. let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
Caleb, you bandit, the tuning sessions have been moved to FIS and I don't think you will have much of an opportunity to have work done at Wasabi in the future.

There is a grapevine in the tuning community that carries the message that Wasabi Racing is out of business. It carries information that indicates they have closed up shop. More information is pending and everything I have posted thus far is UNofficial and I want to give Wasabi Racing and Chris M. every opportunity to sign onto this board and state otherwise. I hope he does as Wasabi has been good to work with thus far for NTEC events.

For those of you who have had problems getting in touch with them, another option is to PM zilla killa. Maybe that will provide more luck; I can't say for sure.
Awww man.... Now where is Asasin79 going to get his gay *** "Wasabi Racing" license plate surrounds from?
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

yo i didn't pay for it or install it...i'm just too lazy and havn't taken it off yet. i know someone else lazier than me that has parts uninstalled on his evo....ahem...
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by asasin79
yo i didn't pay for it or install it...i'm just too lazy and havn't taken it off yet. i know someone else lazier than me that has parts uninstalled on his evo....ahem...
What kind of *** would do such a thing?
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

wow don't know if i'll be there if you're hungry like that...

Originally Posted by PSI Tex
yeah, you busted me i'm a homo. now that that is off my chest i look forward to the MEAT tonight.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

lol....you guys crack me up....anyways too bad that sucks for chris if indeed they closed up....they had a really nice setup there....anyways....the FIS idea sounds cool.,.,,,....

Cody can you work on getting me a top speed run on the airstrip?....please!!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

caleb you coming out to the meet tonight? it really isnt that far.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

wonder if the windsock cafe is still open

edit to stay on topic i will miss wasabi if this is true.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asasin79
wonder if the windsock cafe is still open
You would want to know. What is that, some gay slang between you and PSITEX?

Quick Reply: What happened to Wasabi?