Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

What happened to Wasabi?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to Wasabi?

I've called at least once daily, driven by and the gates were chained up, and now it says the phones are disconnected?

WTF?! I need Wasabi!!!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

im sure it is nothing big maybe closed to tune a racers car or something. ill send an email to zilla killa and see whats up, ill post as soon as i get word.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

thanks jason, i'm looking for them to do my new turbo, fmic, injectors, and engine management, and they are the only people i trust for labor.

p.s.-Did you get my e-mail?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

which e-mail?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

i sent you an e-mail probably a week ago trying to get into NTEC. Maybe i sent it to the wrong address? it was from mattstegich@comcast.net
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

i got it no worries, ill add you to the member list sorry bout that.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

yeh wow i wonder if everything is ok....that doesnt sound promising....phones disconnected!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

well zilla killa did ask for pics for their website yesterday, so hopefully everything is ok.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 01:46 PM

Unhappy yes, wtf indeed

Last week they told me that my car would be ready this weekend, I tried calling Friday before 6 and no answer in any department (website says 7pm? it also says saturday 10-5, but I was told they are not open on saturday....wtf are their hours? I was told I could drop it off on Saturday 10-11ish, I showed up and no one was there but a friend who "opened the shop so people could use the dyno"). I tried calling again today, and I got the "the party you are calling has temporarily disconnected their service" message. Never having done business with them, I am naturally a bit disturbed by this turn of events.

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
im sure it is nothing big maybe closed to tune a racers car or something. ill send an email to zilla killa and see whats up, ill post as soon as i get word.
I really hope that is not the case, but if it is I'd like to thank them for stopping work on my car to mess with someone else's car . I know I am not their only customer, but it's been there for over a week and they said they'd have it ready by the weekend (I assume Friday, 10/. I dropped it off last Saturday (10/2), got a call on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week telling me it'd be done by the weekend. I think I talked to Jason? It makes sense to limit distractions for tuning a racer's car, but it sucks being cast aside without at least the courtesy of a phone call notifying me of the delay and reasons why my car will not be ready when it was said it will be.

Sorry, this is just my first time doing business with Wasabi and it hasn't been going too smoothly. Their reputation suggests otherwise, so maybe I am just having bad luck . The first time I took it there, they turned me away because the techs were going to be gone all week. That was fine and perfectly understandable, they said they didnt want the car sitting out in the lot all week. Of course, it has been sitting in their lot for just over a week, now.

I'm not ******* them, I just really hope my car hasn't been sitting for two days past when they said it would be ready because they are tinkering with someone else's car. Being totally out of communication with the place that has your car and being offered no explanation bites. I checked their forum and there is nothing about this at all, but I suppose their internet is part of their phone service.

Originally Posted by ASTROEVO
yeh wow i wonder if everything is ok....that doesnt sound promising....phones disconnected!
disconnected by them. if it was, say, them not paying the bill, it would say that they were temporarily unavailable, or that it is no longer in service.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

well man last time i talked to chris was less than a week ago ...he was trying to send me my prize check from the dyno day....he said to email them because they were having major phone issues...so im sure they are having that resolved....
Old Oct 12, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Hmmm, i tried e-mailing Chris, and he never e-mailed back. And that still doesn't explain being chained up...

Sorry not trying to sound like a pessimist, but Wasabi rocks, and it'd be a huge shame if something were to happen to them. There's no other place i trust with my car!
Old Oct 13, 2004, 09:27 AM

can't get through so far today, either, in case anyone is wondering.

sent an email to them, though.

Last edited by RadioactiveAWD; Oct 13, 2004 at 09:48 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks, and I thought Wasabi was a stable gig.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 08:11 PM

I never took my car to wasabi, so I can't speek about them.I only was there once, and they were very friendly.
My car is been modified by Alamo Autosports. They are great!!!!, the owner has a Blue Evo with 450 at the wheels...."I love to take my car where the owner has an Evo too"
They are preparing my car for road racing...."excelent job".
Old Oct 13, 2004, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Alamo is a freaking hike from my house, i had to drive there one day to pick up cams and when i got there the guy didn't have them. That sucked.

As for an update, still no answer on the phone and the gates are still closed

Quick Reply: What happened to Wasabi?