Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Anybody used Alamo Autosports, Arlington ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody used Alamo Autosports, Arlington ?

Hey everybody, just trying to get some feedback. Has anybody on this forum
used Alamo Autosports in Arlington for tuning and installs? I'm looking at taking
my Evo VIII up there to be finished and wanted to know what experiences any of you have had.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 06:39 AM

This guy has, friends of mine have, and in the future, I probably will, too.

Originally Posted by Black Eagle
My car is been modified by Alamo Autosports. They are great!!!!, the owner has a Blue Evo with 450 at the wheels...."I love to take my car where the owner has an Evo too"
They are preparing my car for road racing...."excelent job".
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

i have used Alamo several times and i have to say i honestly trust Brice since he too is an evo owner (450+whp). he knew what was wrong with my clutch just by me describing the symptoms. alamo is great and they offer NTEC a discount so if you are a member call em up visit our website for membership info... www.evotexas.org

vincent
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:31 PM

Thanks guys, I feel pretty good after the feedback and talking to Brice about tuning my car. From talking to him on the phone you get a real sense of him knowing what he is talking about. Plus I feel alot better knowing he has an Evo VIII himself that he tuned. Nobody down here can touch this car, not even the dealer.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

The guys at Alamo are great. My Evo was up there yesterday getting a S-AFC installed and dyno tuned. They've done all the work on my car with the exception of the BOV and cat-delete. My current mods are Greddy titanium cat-back exhaust, hks down pipe, perrin cat-delete, injen cold air intake with hard pipe, Greddy profec b, Apexi turbo timer, and type-s BOV. My car put down 286.1 hp and 262.8 torque at 20 psi. Runs great, they wont quit until it's right trust me .
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:58 PM

As is said Before, The Alamo Autosports guys are great!!!!!!!. I had been taking my car since it was stock.
I just find out that I live 5 minutes from Wasabi, but still I don't mind to drive 40 minutes to Alamo, I trust them 110%.
The last week we did some cosmetic changes to the car.......and ...O MY GOD.... it looks amazing!!!!!......We add the MR front lights , and tail lights, plus 18 inch rims " Enkei RPM2 gunmetal" ........to my Black Evo.....
I will show pictures soon!!!.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Your ride looks more like an MR than the MRs showing up in dealerships, heh.

Alamo Autosports will take great care for whatever your looking to do. They're internet/email setup has room for improvement, but they're not an IT/tech shop, they make cars reliable and fast. Give em a call at 817.860.4300 and they'll put a smile on your face every time.

Last edited by Mister2zx3; Oct 15, 2004 at 09:21 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

oh...black eagle i need to see your car...brice put one tail on my car for comparison man that **** looked nice. i'm still contemplating buying them.

vincent
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

BlackEagle's car looks pretty freaking dope IMO. I saw it last Saturday just as they finished the headlight conversion. I was the owner of the white Evo that pulled up and parked behind you. I hate to be a copy-cat but I'm probable going to purchase those same exact wheels, even though they look better on a black car (again IMO).
Old Oct 16, 2004, 06:10 AM

Thanks again guys. I'll be up in that area getting the car finished up at Alamo in about a month. I'll let you guys know when I'm coming up there so maybe we can all get together, I'd like to see what everyone else has done with their Evos. Here's a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody used Alamo Autosports, Arlington ?-show2.bmp   Anybody used Alamo Autosports, Arlington ?-show3.bmp   Anybody used Alamo Autosports, Arlington ?-show4.bmp  
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

My car is there now getting fixed after getting rear ended. So in a couple days we'll see how it turns out. I know Brice will do a great job though
Old Oct 19, 2004, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
Your ride looks more like an MR than the MRs showing up in dealerships, heh.

Alamo Autosports will take great care for whatever your looking to do. They're internet/email setup has room for improvement, but they're not an IT/tech shop, they make cars reliable and fast. Give em a call at 817.860.4300 and they'll put a smile on your face every time.

Yeah, I'm not sure who is in charge of the email/ website portion, but they need to get on the ball...

Anyways, I've been going to Alamo for 5+ years, and Brice has always treated me exceptionally well... Just wait to you see him giggle over a carbon Triple.. That's great.

You can expect great service out of these guys!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

They're working on it hehe. They have new MR upgrade pieces pictured on their site now. Those MR headlights and tailights sure look good. Too bad they front headlights aren't a simple swap and require an adapter for the fog lights.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
They're working on it hehe. They have new MR upgrade pieces pictured on their site now. Those MR headlights and tailights sure look good. Too bad they front headlights aren't a simple swap and require an adapter for the fog lights.

Yeah I was afraid of that? Brice get those figured out?
Old Oct 19, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Done with some out on the road and adapters ready to go.