Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

TWS DE This Saturday - 12/18

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWS DE This Saturday - 12/18

Just a heads-up that there's a one-day DE with the TWS Motorsports Club.

So far two Evos are tentative: I'm about 75% sure I'll go this weekend, and there's a guy with an MR in Austin who's sounding like he's pretty sure he'll be going.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

woahhh.....kinda short notice there buddy. I will call you for more details.

Last edited by Lowness; Dec 16, 2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 10:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I R jealous...
Old Dec 17, 2004, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lowness
woahhh.....kinda short notice there buddy. I will call you for more details.
Yeah, it just popped up out of nowhere!

It didn't even occur to me to contact any of the EvoSpeed guys. Sorry about that. I actually thought about you and was thinking you wouldn't be interested because you wanted to go out with the Prosche club. I know kam is interested in a DE, but TWS and the insurance (or lack thereof) situation have him spooked. But I'll shoot him an e-mail anyway.

I'm spooked too, but I just gotta get out there and drive. This is like my pre-mid-life crisis thing.

Here's a link to a thread on the ConeCrazy site that goes into a little more detail. Jack (the track manager) told me in an e-mail that I could register the morning of the event, but that it's way easier for them if it's done ahead of time. Stuff *does* get hectic in the mornings, so I know where he's coming from.

I'll probably make my final decision tomorrow, and if I decide to go I'll fax in my form from the office.

Call me any time. I've got a vacation day tomorrow, so I'll just be farting around.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going. Just signed up.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

How did it go? Up for some MSR on Jan 22?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

What's going on at MSR on 01/22? Their calendar hasn't been updated.

I need to get my brakes serviced before I go out again. The pedal is very soft. It started bothering me at TWS last time. I should also go ahead an get another set of Ferodos so I'm not scrambling at the last minute when this set isn't good anymore.

I had a blast at TWS! It was literally freezing cold in the morning, but the breakfast tacos were excellent, as usual. During the first session I had a lot of trouble on the track; but I talked to a guy in a 911 C4 S and another guy in a Caterham, and it seems that everyone had trouble with the track conditions early on. No one was sure exactly why (temperature and dust were both blamed).

I started getting it together in the later sessions. The pedal was still soft, so I was being cautious. I got a best lap time (per my digital camcorder) of 2:08 on the 2.9 mile counter-clockwise. That was a second faster than the best from a guy who was out in his new '05 Evo MR. From what I can tell, 2:08 isn't a world class time, but it's starting to get respectible.

I was getting more comfortable with sliding the car around at speed, and I was starting to trail-brake into some of the corners. I was also doing some heel-toe, but I was only downshifting it once per lap because I just left it in 4th for the whole infield.

I was faster than most of cars in my Blue group, including a Dinan E46 M3 and a Vette. There was a guy in another Vette who was faster (before he went off) and I got absolutely blown away by a 911 that came screaming by me on the front straight.

This stuff is addicting!

I want to do MSR again. And there's a Houston guy who autocrosses his Evo and wants to do his first DE at MSR (TWS wigs him out). Maybe he'll come up with me next time.