Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Experience with Don Herring Mitsubishi Dallas

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience with Don Herring Mitsubishi Dallas

Horrible.

Ive been calling around to a few dealers, trying to look for a deal on an VIII, or possibly make a downpayment and a reasonable deal on a IX -- will be paying in cash and made this clear.

I call Don Herring and get apparently an African American salesman that I simply cannot understand. I'll work with it, and start talking business.

A few other dealers said right off the bat about the IX that, after my inquiry, that MSRP or perhaps 1-2k below OTD would be reasonable, and that they'd love a "guarenteed sale" right off the truck for the new IX's.

I mentioned this to the salesman at Don Herring and he immediately became irritated. How dare I even ask for MSRP. He then said they had VIII's and he could work me a deal at 35k OTD for a GSR with no SSL or HID.

He was very aggressive, very pushy, and if I did not agree with what he said he became down right rude.

I then tried to reclarify what I was saying, and he immediately started talking what seemed to be ebonics and talking fast enough to where I could not respond.

I told him with Mitsubishi losing 4.4 billion dollars this last fiscal year, that perhaps they would be a little more leniant on vehicles instead of asking 4-5k over MSRP. He then proceeded to try to educate me that Mitsubishi was the best car company in the world and sales are great, and that if I don't want to pay 5000 over MSRP someone else will.

The guy was clueless, rude, and argumentative, not to mention a very poor salesman, difficult to understand, and extremely confrontational.

Right now Im talking to some folks at Fazeli in Mesquite, and so far they have been very polite, reasonable, and overall a good experience. Looking forward to likely making my purchase through them.
Old May 25, 2005, 10:06 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Some dealerships just plain suck. When I went to buy my 03 they wanted 4,000 over MSRP. I found a dealer here in SA that would sell it to me at MSRP. It is going to be hard for you to find the IX for MSRP, at least for the first few months. Good luck.
Old May 25, 2005, 10:59 PM

Yah, I don't mind waiting. I'd rather not, but I really want a IX. If I could get a good deal on a GG VIII MR by the IX's come out, I'd be tempted for the MR...but, we will see.

I can get a good rate from our families bank, and 2-3k more financed over 5 years is only an extra 50 bucks a month or so. Worth it for an MR? No idea...havn't had the pleasure of riding in one. Only ridden in an Evo VIII once at a club track event a year and a half ago, immediately fell in love.
Old May 26, 2005, 07:48 AM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIAm
Yah, I don't mind waiting. I'd rather not, but I really want a IX. If I could get a good deal on a GG VIII MR by the IX's come out, I'd be tempted for the MR...but, we will see.

I can get a good rate from our families bank, and 2-3k more financed over 5 years is only an extra 50 bucks a month or so. Worth it for an MR? No idea...havn't had the pleasure of riding in one. Only ridden in an Evo VIII once at a club track event a year and a half ago, immediately fell in love.

You could buy a used 03-04 and with the money you save, mod the hell out of it. Thats what I would do.
Old May 26, 2005, 01:12 PM

The MIVEC cries out to me.

But your right, alot of options, but finding a locally non modded low miles Evo VIII is impossible. There is only 1 Evo in town, and I think the guy wrecked it.
Old May 26, 2005, 01:16 PM

Call West Loop Mitsubishi in San Antonio and talk to Da Shon. I bought the car from him and things went very smoothly. They sold me my car for $1,200 under invoice. They get a from me and I highly recommend them.
Old May 26, 2005, 01:56 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by truEvo03
Call West Loop Mitsubishi in San Antonio and talk to Da Shon. I bought the car from him and things went very smoothly. They sold me my car for $1,200 under invoice. They get a from me and I highly recommend them.
Bought mine at West Loop also good bunch of guys. Great service department.
Old May 26, 2005, 02:52 PM

I'd spend 1200 in gas just getting to San Antonio.

Not really, but, its a long ways away...
Old May 28, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

if you want a deal on an evo let me know and ill see what i can get done for you.
Old May 28, 2005, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by j8
Bought mine at West Loop also good bunch of guys. Great service department.
+1