Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Austin Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tcarretti
Hey, I'd be down for some kart racing, is there a place to rent them?

Tony
Sorry...I meant kart (with a "K")
Old Sep 8, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Driver's Edge 10/22-23

I signed up for the Driver's Edge in October. Is anybody else interested? So far I think avngrguild may go. You can get to the registration by clicking here: http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm.

Texas World Speedway is a favorite track for many. The more skilled drivers can reach 140 on this track in an Evo--nice and fast!
Old Sep 10, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evotino
I signed up for the Driver's Edge in October. Is anybody else interested? So far I think avngrguild may go. You can get to the registration by clicking here: http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm.

Texas World Speedway is a favorite track for many. The more skilled drivers can reach 140 on this track in an Evo--nice and fast!
So you guys only drag race?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

I think there are some that do other types of racing, but the opportunities are limited in this area. I'm trying to put together a benefit autocross with the help of the local New Car Dealers Association and Bill Kim from SoulSpeed. Still in the works for right now. I'll keep all posted as this develops.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Whoosh, does that mean you may be interested in going to TDE?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 05:31 PM

Another Austin evo owner here. Keep me posted, I'd like to get to know you guys!
Old Sep 11, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Possible Austin dinner meet / cruise? I saw an evo that looked identicle to mine off of MLk on game day last weekend.

-Ben

Ps: I haven't forgot about karting, but school has taken off pretty fast. I will make a thread once i get it setup.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Whoosh, does that mean you may be interested in going to TDE?
I am interested in the TDE and there are a few others on here as well. Here is a LINK to TDE.

Also, there is a big group of Subarus headed to SAR on Wednesday, if anyone is interested. I plan on going.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

I plan on going to sar on wednesday as well, but my car is still gimp from the break in : \. Anyone going to the UT vs Rice game today?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
I am interested in the TDE and there are a few others on here as well. Here is a LINK to TDE.

Also, there is a big group of Subarus headed to SAR on Wednesday, if anyone is interested. I plan on going.
If anybody else is interested in Driver's Edge you should sign up. When I signed up over a week ago it was 65% full and it will sell out. If we get 10 members (doubtful) we can get a group discount of $50.

I need to get to the drag strip sometime. I've never done the 1/4 so I want to see what my freshly tuned car will do. From what I read I should be in the 12s as long as I don't screw up the launch. If I went Wednesday what time would I need to leave Austin?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
If anybody else is interested in Driver's Edge you should sign up. When I signed up over a week ago it was 65% full and it will sell out. If we get 10 members (doubtful) we can get a group discount of $50.

I need to get to the drag strip sometime. I've never done the 1/4 so I want to see what my freshly tuned car will do. From what I read I should be in the 12s as long as I don't screw up the launch. If I went Wednesday what time would I need to leave Austin?
It opens at 6:00 and doesn't close until 11:00, so you can leave whenever. It will take you about an hour to get there from South Austin.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 02:12 AM
Evolving Member

Probably around 6:30-7:00 ish so traffic can quiet down.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Hey all, new EVO owner in Austin (I assume I'm also younger than all of you, being 18). Just wanted to try and get in touch with some local owners so I'll know who to run to when I get into trouble.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by conphuzed
Hey all, new EVO owner in Austin (I assume I'm also younger than all of you, being 18). Just wanted to try and get in touch with some local owners so I'll know who to run to when I get into trouble.
I'm 19, about to be 20. I'm semi into the car scene in austin... Hit me up if you ever want to come out to a meet and hangout or w/e.
UT > *
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't listen to LP, he's really a hippie! He will overwhelm you with his vast knowledge of Forza driving skillz. Ahh, he could never be a hippie really though. The guy wants to drive around on race gas 24/7 and he's serious!

Quick Reply: Austin Thread