Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Wrecked Silver Evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2005, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked Silver Evo

Just saw the news about a Silver Evo wrapped around a tree in River Oaks . The driver and passenger had to be cut out. Anyone know who were involved?

Last edited by Villan; Aug 6, 2005 at 05:46 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Man and woman in critical condition after wreck in River Oaks

ABC13 Eyewitness News
(8/06/05 - HOUSTON) — A man and a woman are lucky to be alive after they were involved in a dangerous car crash in River Oaks.

They were going down Kirby and headed downtown when the man driving lost control. He crashed over the median near Shepherd and wrapped the car around a tree. He and the woman with him got trapped in the mangled car.

Firefighters cut them from the wreckage and rushed them to Ben Taub Hosptial. They're in critical condition.

The car had diplomatic license plates, but the identity of the victims is not known.
I wonder if it had Greek Embassy plates. I know a 17 year old kid with a brand new 05 Silver Evo with Greek diplomatic plates.

Last edited by Lowness; Aug 6, 2005 at 06:31 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lowness
I wonder if it had Greek Embassy plates. I know a 17 year old kid with a brand new 05 Silver Evo with Greek diplomatic plates.
It wasn't my silver Evo, of course.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what percentage of Evos in Houston (or Texas) have been wrecked? I've met maybe 15 Evo owners, and 2 of those have wrecked their cars (one totalled). Both lost it while cornering and wrapped it around a stationary object (one tree, one pole).
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Link to info about the wrecked Evo

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=218982

Last edited by Lowness; Aug 12, 2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

damn. do you know if the passengers in that car were ok?
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

it looks like the floatation device lost is groundation. ness
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

click the link. The guy's name is Greg. This is his second Evo. He had a MR that he wrecked 6 months ago and now this..........

17 year olds with High Performance Cars
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm doing just fine I feel sorry for that EVO and the passengers...
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

click the link. The guy's name is Greg. This is his second Evo. He had a MR that he wrecked 6 months ago and now this..........

My insurance rates now all makes sense. Glad to know the car did its job and saved its occupants.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

is that kid stupid? had an mr, wrecked an mr, got a silver evo, wrecked a silver evo. maybe he was showing off to the girl he was with. i feel no remorse for him. because of stupid kids like him that my premium rate will be going up. wrecking 1 car is something that might have not been his fault, but 2 cars in less then a yr? that kid should have his license taken away or make him drive a civic. if i offend anyone then i am sorry, i feel bad for people that had wrecks but i dont about this kid.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Hope they make a speedy recovery. Also, this being his 2nd Evo hes wrecked,,,,, Didnt he learn his lesson the first time? I know this is going to get drilled into the ground but,,,,,,,, Keep the (speeding) racing at the track. That way you dont have to worry about trees coming out of no where.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by racerxl99
is that kid stupid? had an mr, wrecked an mr, got a silver evo, wrecked a silver evo. maybe he was showing off to the girl he was with. i feel no remorse for him. because of stupid kids like him that my premium rate will be going up. wrecking 1 car is something that might have not been his fault, but 2 cars in less then a yr? that kid should have his license taken away or make him drive a civic. if i offend anyone then i am sorry, i feel bad for people that had wrecks but i dont about this kid.
Glad someone had the heart to say it. I was thinking about going this route but didnt want to sound mean. Especially since these 2 young people are in critical condition.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

looking at the pictures I still can't believe he survived that impact. They said he was going 100+mph.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:44 PM

yeah, ******** like that might encounter you or me on the road someday, they must be stopped for the safety of other drivers
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by haze1995
Glad someone had the heart to say it. I was thinking about going this route but didnt want to sound mean. Especially since these 2 young people are in critical condition.
i feel really bad for the passenger because she almost paid with her life for his stupidity and cockiness. and i blame his parents for getting him such car not once but twice for his age. alot of responsible 16+ kids are getting a bad rep with people like him. stuff like this gets me really angry by reading it. i wasnt trying to be mean. its just really frustrated that i and all of the people that drives evo will be paying higher insurance rate. i couldnt careless if hes in a body bag. christ.

Last edited by racerxl99; Aug 12, 2005 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Wrecked Silver Evo