Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Corpus Christi/South Texas EVOs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corpus Christi/South Texas EVOs

Hey guys, my wife called me yesterday and told me she saw a Silver Evo driving with a WRX on the access road of SPID around 6 pm. I'm just curious to see if there are any of you guys in the general South Texas area. It would be nice to be able to have a group in CC. I'm sure there are quite a few Evos in Victoria, San Antonio, Austin, and CC combined...?

I found an old thread on a monthly EVO meet in San Antonio - but no one had posted since April.

Later,
Adam
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Adam,

There are only 3 EVO's in Victoria. 1 never participates, 1 is currently going to college in S.A. and the last 1 (me) is working in CC during the week and going back to Victoria on the weekends.

We were getting together once a month (the south Texas area-S.A., Austin, Houston, Laredo, etc.) but when summer came we really kind of slacked off. We need to get back to meeting once a month.

PM me so that we can meet during the week sometime.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:17 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Adam,

We have been slackers like whoosh said. I have been to busy at work to plan anything for the last couple of months. It would be nice to see the old gang again. I would plan something, but it looks like I am going to be getting a family car (scary), but in a few months I should have something able to keep up with the rest. I am sure Whoosh will plan something soon.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm definitely up for any kind of meet within a couple hours of driving. I do have a tough work schedule sometimes, (For example, I'll be in Tulsa for 5 weeks for training from mid Nov to mid Dec), but the only thing I ever do on the weekends is go see the pathetic Houston Texans (season tickets/PSL) muck up beautiful Reliant Stadium.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by j8
Adam,

We have been slackers like whoosh said. I have been to busy at work to plan anything for the last couple of months. It would be nice to see the old gang again. I would plan something, but it looks like I am going to be getting a family car (scary), but in a few months I should have something able to keep up with the rest. I am sure Whoosh will plan something soon.
hmmm, thats weird, I bought the evo cuz it is a family car. I got a carseat and a babyseat with my wife back there and they fit comfy.

Oh yeah, and I think there's only 3 evos down here...Riograndevalley...a red one in mission, my yellow in edinburg, and a black one in weslaco. At least thats all ive seen or heard of.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:43 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Aluma
hmmm, thats weird, I bought the evo cuz it is a family car. I got a carseat and a babyseat with my wife back there and they fit comfy.

Oh yeah, and I think there's only 3 evos down here...Riograndevalley...a red one in mission, my yellow in edinburg, and a black one in weslaco. At least thats all ive seen or heard of.

True, but I have two and we are planning on another little one in the near future Its time for a larger car or truck.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

With your schedule, how do you find the time to make all those babys?
Originally Posted by j8
True, but I have two and we are planning on another little one in the near future Its time for a larger car or truck.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Aluma

Hehe, yeah - I made sure that I pointed out the baby seat connections in the back seat to my wife when we were at the dealer! We don't have any kids yet, but she wants to start in the next year or two. I like to refer to my Evo as 'the 4 door family sedan'. Now with 3 kids like j8 I can understand a larger vehicle, it just cracks me up how so many people get one kid and immediately go out and buy an SUV or a minivan. Get a grip, you don't have a frikin litter!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 07:51 AM
j8
Evolving Member

I leave a cup on the kitchen table in the morning.

Originally Posted by Whoosh
With your schedule, how do you find the time to make all those babys?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Dude...you soooo crazy!
Originally Posted by j8
I leave a cup on the kitchen table in the morning.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down Houston needs something!

Originally Posted by adam5743
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm definitely up for any kind of meet within a couple hours of driving. I do have a tough work schedule sometimes, (For example, I'll be in Tulsa for 5 weeks for training from mid Nov to mid Dec), but the only thing I ever do on the weekends is go see the pathetic Houston Texans (season tickets/PSL) muck up beautiful Reliant Stadium.

I guess the cool part is going to see the other team play, because Houston "we have a problem"! Man they have some good players, but what is going on!

Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Maybe we should do a November BBQ run somewhere. I'm trying to get the Subby guys interested.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

How about the S.A. thing we did a few months back? Meet for BBQ and then take a trip up rt. 16 to Bandera, Medina and Kerrville. That was a kick *** time!
Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Maybe we should do a November BBQ run somewhere. I'm trying to get the Subby guys interested.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Sebby

I guess the cool part is going to see the other team play, because Houston "we have a problem"! Man they have some good players, but what is going on!

Man, you're not kidding! The worst game was vs the Steelers this year - it was 120 degF on the field (and I'm in the endzone on row G) and they had the roof open. I was frikin sunburned to a crisp! On top of that, some fat old man tells me to put my shirt on because I'm pale - ooh, that was almost the last straw, but I controlled myself

Originally Posted by Whoosh
How about the S.A. thing we did a few months back? Meet for BBQ and then take a trip up rt. 16 to Bandera, Medina and Kerrville. That was a kick *** time!
I'm always down for eating some BBQ! The 5th, 6th, and 12th are good dates for me in Nov.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 05:31 PM

Hey Adam5743, if they were both silver, it was probably me and a buddy of mine goofing off. You can't do too much goofing off in Corpus though, because of the cops.

Quick Reply: Corpus Christi/South Texas EVOs