Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Dallas People

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas People

Anybody know of a shop in the metroplex? I'm wanting to buy some parts like coilovers, evo style grill, turbo kit (in the future), etc. My dad is very old-fashioned and hates internet shopping because he says if you don't get exact fitment, you can't return it, and you should be able to try it first blah blah blah.

So does anyone know of a shop that can order/install parts near Mesquite/Dallas?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Jotech can get you everything you need.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

If its your money does it matter what your dad says. The shops will not give you very good pricing.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Slappy
If its your money does it matter what your dad says. The shops will not give you very good pricing.
If you want the best prices on parts you are already here. Just look under the Vendor classifeds and you will find some really good deals. If you dont feel comfortable with installing the parts then you could get one of the local shops to do your install. If you want the best price though on purchasing products you willl find them here. I wouldnt worry about the vendors here stealing your money, they all have very good feedback.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by use2vtec
If you want the best prices on parts you are already here. Just look under the Vendor classifeds and you will find some really good deals. If you dont feel comfortable with installing the parts then you could get one of the local shops to do your install. If you want the best price though on purchasing products you willl find them here. I wouldnt worry about the vendors here stealing your money, they all have very good feedback.
except Evo8.com
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by use2vtec
that about sums it up..... and installation on most of it easy.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Tell your dad that he needs to wake up. It's the 21st century. Billions of transactions take place daily over the internet.

Purchase your equipment from a reputable source, use a credit card or pay pal to secure your payment. Anything made for your car, is just that, for YOUR car. It's not like back in the day when the majority of things were universal.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I finally convinced him to let me order off the internet so I'm gonna do that. I knew most shops are way overpriced. I'm probably gonna go RRM.

And btw, my dad is extremely old-fashioned seeing as how he's a foreigner (as am I, we're Lebanese) anyways. It is my money though. But he's just so..overprotective, he's heard so much bad stuff about ebay and internet purchases, y'know? But I was just giving it a shot, I was gonna go RRM regardless with my debit card.