Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Tuning shops in the Round Rock, Texas area or Austin, Texas area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez, this is getting serious. Now, I'm not sure who I should take my car to, but thanks for the information.
Does anyone have the contact information for William at Precision R in San Antonio, as well as Mark from TT? A phone number and address would really be helpful. I'm still debating whom to go to, but at least I would like to have some options. Even if it means driving to San Antonio. Just out of curiousity to those of you Evo owners here in Austin, where do you have your Evo's tunes?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:12 PM

...pardon the typos.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:13 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Here is the contact information for Williams shop. Mark is not a local tuner. He is the tuner for Turbo Trix and comes down when people put together tuning events in the area. I believe someone is working on that as we speak. Just mention you know Jason and he will take good care of you. Not sure of any shops in Austin.

Precision R
2405 Boardwalk St
San Antonio, TX 78217-4428
(210) 829-8200
Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by j8
Here is the contact information for Williams shop. Mark is not a local tuner. He is the tuner for Turbo Trix and comes down when people put together tuning events in the area. I believe someone is working on that as we speak. Just mention you know Jason and he will take good care of you. Not sure of any shops in Austin.

Precision R
2405 Boardwalk St
San Antonio, TX 78217-4428
(210) 829-8200
I've heard nothing but good things about precison R. When I get my clutch in, they will be doing the install.

I've been tuned twice by Mark and enjoyed the experience both times. The TT guys are very down to earth and love working with cars. TT will put in extra time and effort to make sure every customer is satisfied and driving a healthy car. I have nothing but good things to say about TT, and they will definatley handle any further tuning needs I have.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:45 PM

Thanks for William's contact information. Does anyone have the phone number for Mark with Turbo Trix?
It would really be sad if I have to drive all the way to San Antonio just to have a reputable shop work on my car. But if that means "peace of mind and satisfaction with the job done", so be it.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:06 PM

Milo, after your install at MZM, please let me (us) know how you rate their service. I really do wish there were more options to choose from, here in the Austin area.

By the way, has anyone heard of Austin Performance Specialty and Equipment on 10716-A North Lamar Street? They cater to the American muscle cars (Camaro, Mustang e.t.c). Well, I bought some race gas from them the other day (105 octane unleaded). They said they have been selling it for about 3 months. It has a yellowish color (same color as urine). They said it is made by VP Phillips(?). In the past, I have gotten 104 unleaded (in Houston) which has a "blue" color. I bought 10 gallons, and now I'm scared to put it in my car. I am not familiar with this type of gas, and what color VP 105 unleaded should be. Is anyone familiar with this type of gas? This is the first time I have been to their shop and I am not familiar with them.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:12 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Batmann!
Milo, after your install at MZM, please let me (us) know how you rate their service. I really do wish there were more options to choose from, here in the Austin area.

By the way, has anyone heard of Austin Performance Specialty and Equipment on 10716-A North Lamar Street? They cater to the American muscle cars (Camaro, Mustang e.t.c). Well, I bought some race gas from them the other day (105 octane unleaded). They said they have been selling it for about 3 months. It has a yellowish color (same color as urine). They said it is made by VP Phillips(?). In the past, I have gotten 104 unleaded (in Houston) which has a "blue" color. I bought 10 gallons, and now I'm scared to put it in my car. I am not familiar with this type of gas, and what color VP 105 unleaded should be. Is anyone familiar with this type of gas? This is the first time I have been to their shop and I am not familiar with them.
I think it is just a dye they might have put in to make sure they do not mix up which is which. I believe that VP only makes two unleaded fuels 103 unleaded and 109 unleaded, but I could be wrong. I used to run C16 leaded, but I did not have a cat.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:05 AM

...when you ran C16, didn't it mess up your Oxygen sensors?
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:32 AM
j8
Evolving Member

...when you ran C16, didn't it mess up your Oxygen sensors?
I am sure it was not good for them. I used it a the track. It makes a considerable difference. I am pretty sure if you do not use it all that often it will not do to much damage.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:58 AM
Account Disabled

I keep you guys informed for sure.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:05 PM

Milo, were you able to install your parts at MZM?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 06:36 AM
Account Disabled

Milo, were you able to install your parts at MZM?

Not yet, I'm trying to finish my Z car project first. Hopefully, by the end of Feb, I'll be finish with the Z car project.

Then the EVO is next in line for mods
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by milo
Not yet, I'm trying to finish my Z car project first. Hopefully, by the end of Feb, I'll be finish with the Z car project.

Then the EVO is next in line for mods
If you are still interested in EcuTek, Mark will be comming to San Antonio on March 11th
Old Feb 9, 2006, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
If you are still interested in EcuTek, Mark will be comming to San Antonio on March 11th

Who is Mark and are you guys doing a EVO MEET in San Antonio?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 01:40 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by milo
Who is Mark and are you guys doing a EVO MEET in San Antonio?
Mark is the tuner for Turbotrix. We have a tuning session set-up with him on March 11th here in San Antonio. Here is a link to the tuning thread. If you have any other question just shoot me a PM.

Link:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=182504

Quick Reply: Tuning shops in the Round Rock, Texas area or Austin, Texas area