Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Tuning shops in the Round Rock, Texas area or Austin, Texas area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are plenty of dynos in Centex. Why is Mark only doing a street tune?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evotino
I may have seen you driving on 71 , and possibly sophic as on guad when he turned on 38th .
Old Feb 10, 2006, 08:24 AM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evotino
I agree there are a few in Central Texas. Austin only has one and MZM is really not willing to let another tuner use their dyno. We have asked in the past. Both dyno tuning and street tuning have there benifits. I go either way as long as a professional tuner is doing the tuning. Which we all know Mark has a great reputation in the community.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 09:31 PM

Batmann,

It is my understanding that the fuel that Austin Performance is selling is not a VP fuel but a fuel specially formulated by a petroleum engineer that he has made. I've never heard anything against Austin Performance (not that there isn't someone that has had a bad experience) I think you'll be just fine running that fuel. BTW, how much were they charging per gallon?

D
Old Feb 16, 2006, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Batmann,
I bought some VP 109 unleaded and it looked clear as water as it was being poured in my tank. This was from MSR and there was some confusion on the octane. Forgive me if you know this but pump is rated at R+M/2, or the avg. of the R and M methods. This 109 race gas was rated as either R or M (I don't remember)...but it was not the avg. All I know is that it was clear!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 07:05 PM

Articfury, that was the same thing they told me when I bought the race gas from Austin Performance. They said it was specially formulated by a petroleum engineer. If I remember correctly, it had a yellowish color, I think(?). They said it was 105 unleaded octane. It's pricy though. They charged me $9.00 per gallon! In Houston, I could get Sunoco 104 unleaded for $6.00 per gallon.

Evotino, could you please tell me exactly where you got the 109 unleaded gas from? I was told that 105 was the highest octane you could get for unleaded race gas. What brand is it and how much did you pay?
Old Feb 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

I'll look into making my own. It can't be that hard...
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Batmann!
Evotino, could you please tell me exactly where you got the 109 unleaded gas from? I was told that 105 was the highest octane you could get for unleaded race gas. What brand is it and how much did you pay?
The fuel came from Motorsport Ranch (MSR) and it is only available for people using the track.

I wen to VP's website and found this, which I figure is the gas I bought:
MOTORSPORT 109
Produces more power than any other unleaded fuel. Recommended for higher boost applications with CRs up to 11:1 or naturally aspirated engines up to 13:1.

Color: Clear
Motor Octane: 101
R+M/2: 105
Research Octane: 109
Oxygenated: Yes
Specific Gravity: .722 at 60° F
Old Feb 19, 2006, 08:48 PM
j8
Evolving Member

You can also pick up 109 down here at Alamo Performance, but it is colored. They dye the gas so they do not get it mixed up with the leaded gas. Last time I bought some it was $7 a gallon.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by j8
You can also pick up 109 down here at Alamo Performance, but it is colored. They dye the gas so they do not get it mixed up with the leaded gas. Last time I bought some it was $7 a gallon.
That's not bad. The last time I bought gas at SAR it was $9 or $10 a gallon. And if I remember right, they have the VP 109. They switched what gas they carry in the last year but I don't remember for sure if they still have it. You also should check with MZM. They are a Torco dealer and offer 5 gallon cans.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 09:33 AM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
That's not bad. The last time I bought gas at SAR it was $9 or $10 a gallon. And if I remember right, they have the VP 109. They switched what gas they carry in the last year but I don't remember for sure if they still have it. You also should check with MZM. They are a Torco dealer and offer 5 gallon cans.
They are usually a $1 or so cheaper than the track. I should just have a 55 gallon drum delivered to my house. To bad we all do not live close to each other. When I lived in San Diego me and a few budies would all pitch in a buy one every couple of months.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:51 AM

$7.00 a gallon for 109 unleaded octane??? I'll gladly drive down to San Antonio and buy 20 gallons!!! That is way better than what I'm paying, here in Austin for 105 unleaded. Where is MSR? I checked with MZM and I was told they were out. By the way, what is the color of the dye they (Alamo Performance) use in their 109 unleaded? What brand is it?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Batmann!
$7.00 a gallon for 109 unleaded octane??? I'll gladly drive down to San Antonio and buy 20 gallons!!! That is way better than what I'm paying, here in Austin for 105 unleaded. Where is MSR? I checked with MZM and I was told they were out. By the way, what is the color of the dye they (Alamo Performance) use in their 109 unleaded? What brand is it?
The brand is VP and they change the dye's now and then. I have not bought gas from them in the last month or two so hopefully it around the same price. Last time I went it was like $6.50 or so. Here is the information if you want to call them and ask for pricing.

Alamo Performance
(210) 637-0413
4315 Centergate St
San Antonio, TX 78217
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:50 PM

...thanks for the info. As you said, it sure would be nice if we could get some guys together, here in the Austin area, and have a "group buy" for the race gas.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Batman,

Let us know how fast you run on your ATP turbokit. The fastet MR in the USA runs on stock turbo. There is a guy with a GT35R on his MR that can't run faster than this MR on stock turbo.

For good action enjoy www.evolutionmr.net

Thanks!!
Carlos (Spaniards'mr on evolutionmr.net) Moderator on Drag racing forum

Quick Reply: Tuning shops in the Round Rock, Texas area or Austin, Texas area