Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Who would be up for a weekly San Antonio met???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry i couldn't hang longer. it was nice to see/meet everyone. and i'd be down for a drive too, even though i only hit 12psi...

and yeah, i have the flame suit on ... it's all good.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

lol 12psi wow whats wrong
Old Feb 7, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

ahhhh the question of my life. we still don't know. I've done some testing and figured out what it ISN'T, but haven't figured out what it IS. it's killing me though. the car is still quick, but i just know it'd be a LOT quicker at 20psi instead of 12...

it's not the wastegate accuator, or the boost solenoid, or the IC piping, or the BOV... so who knows? but it's freakin pissin me off.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 09:53 AM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ovenmit331
ahhhh the question of my life. we still don't know. I've done some testing and figured out what it ISN'T, but haven't figured out what it IS. it's killing me though. the car is still quick, but i just know it'd be a LOT quicker at 20psi instead of 12...

it's not the wastegate accuator, or the boost solenoid, or the IC piping, or the BOV... so who knows? but it's freakin pissin me off.
If you have some time tomorrow or the next day give me a call. Iwould be more than happy to take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

sadly my week is pretty dang full. i get off at 1pm on friday and was gonna try and work on it then, but have no idea what to do next...
Old Feb 7, 2006, 04:58 PM

sadly my week is pretty dang full. i get off at 1pm on friday and was gonna try and work on it then, but have no idea what to do next...
wow not fun at all. eric let me know what it is when you do find out . curious as well
Old Feb 7, 2006, 05:08 PM
j8
Evolving Member

You could always just drop the car off . I won't take it out for a drive, I promise...
Old Feb 8, 2006, 04:48 PM

so, is there another meet on sat? same spot?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 05:59 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dubIX
so, is there another meet on sat? same spot?
Not this weekend. I am working until 10pm on Saturday. Next weekend is a go for me.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

hey do any of you guys have any info on the Espelir GT springs ...i dont want to get rims so was thinking maybe to lower..dont know yet tho. I dont want to get the wrong springs or whatever and mess up my handleing or whatever...any info would be great.

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Feb 8, 2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by j8
Not this weekend. I am working until 10pm on Saturday. Next weekend is a go for me.
yeah, I guess next weekend would be better for me too. I'll be tired from the drive to and fro Houston. Can you believe my godd@mn mbc still hasn't showed? Al's trying to overnight one to me. But, I'm probably gonna be out there on Sat installing one right before my tune. Ghetto...! TT on March 11, right? D@mn it!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:06 PM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dubIX
yeah, I guess next weekend would be better for me too. I'll be tired from the drive to and fro Houston. Can you believe my godd@mn mbc still hasn't showed? Al's trying to overnight one to me. But, I'm probably gonna be out there on Sat installing one right before my tune. Ghetto...! TT on March 11, right? D@mn it!
Yup, Mark will be here on the 11th of March. Still need a few more people to sign up. Good luck with the tune on Saturday in Houston. Give me a buzz when you are ready to take it to the track.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
hey do any of you guys have any info on the Espelir GT springs ...i dont want to get rims so was thinking maybe to lower..dont know yet tho. I dont want to get the wrong springs or whatever and mess up my handleing or whatever...any info would be great.
those springs are highly recommended by paul but if you do a search there are springs with a higher spring rate and lower it a little less which is good for speedbumps
Old Feb 8, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

hmm i forgot that SA does have some crappy roads and speed bumps. It does seem that these springs got pretty good reviews...i really dont want the S-techs been also looking at the Tanabe gf210's they seem to be pretty good dont know tho...talking to some others and they said do not even attempt to put springs on the evo with stock shocks...said it lowers the handleing and shocks. Hmm guess i will just stick with getting the cams

Last edited by AtO-MiX; Feb 8, 2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by j8
Yup, Mark will be here on the 11th of March. Still need a few more people to sign up. Good luck with the tune on Saturday in Houston. Give me a buzz when you are ready to take it to the track.
I'm aiming at the 22nd (wed) in 2 weeks to go. I'll def call. Anyone else want to roll out to SAR?