Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Went to the Houston Rodeo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2002, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess living only 2 blocks away from the Astrodome really makes me hate the traffic, especially during rodeo...and wait till the New stadium open and the football season starts...

I don't hate Houston, just that I happened to find a job here make me stay...Of course, there are good stuff in H-town as well...
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:06 AM

I don't hate Dallas (ok, I've only actually ever been to Dallas a couple times, but I live in Plano, which is practically Dallas) ... the main reason I've heard for people not liking houston (again, I've never been there, so this is second0hand info) is that it's rather dirty/rundown/dumpy compared to Austin or Dallas

I have no connection with being a "Texan" ... I was born in Germany from parents raised in Pennsylvania, grew up in Oklahoma and moved to Texas ... so I feel more connection with PA than with anywhere else (parent's influence) ...

Are they building a new stadium for the "Texans"? Will they be using the Astrodome until it's done?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:20 AM

I don't want anybody think that I was terribly offended or anything...actually what people gripe about Houston is totally true. But I didn't want Tearitupsports to think he was going to be moving to ****town, USA. People should look foward to a big move. I was born in Thailand myself, but have lived in Texas most of my life so I consider myself a Texan. Which brings me to that dumbass name for the new football team. The Texans?! The Houston Texans?! Isn't that a little redundant/obvious? Why not name them The Houston Peoples, or The Houston Football-Players. Oh yes, there will be a new stadium for The Texans. Maybe we deserved to be laughed at...
Old Mar 1, 2002, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

I always form my own opinions on things.
Anyway it looks like I will be moving to Katy Texas (just outside). Is that a nice town?
I look forward to seeing people once Im living down there. I anticipate on taking my car (92 Galant VR-4) to many racing events.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

Katy is approx 20-25 miles west of DT Houston, not a bad area to live it. Although I seldom visit there...

Which kind of job bring you here?

BTW, I gotta say you have such a rare and cool car. I used to want a GVR4, but now....I'm waiting on the EVO
Old Mar 1, 2002, 02:41 AM

Katy is a nice place to live, which is why a lot of people do I guess. Most of their residents end up working in Houston, so traffic on the Katy Freeway is usually murder. I think they're trying to expand it though which means more construcion (arghh!). Plus there's the Katy Mills Mall, the biggest mall in this area which only adds to the traffic congestion. Hope you like driving man...
Old Mar 1, 2002, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Yup, you're right on the money, my office is close to I-10 (Katy fwy) and 610 loop. I hate traveling on I-10. Even on weekend, the traffice is slow like hell

I'm glad I don't live in the west and working in inside loop. What about you TearItUpSports? Is your office located in the city? or close to where you live?
Old Mar 1, 2002, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

The job is on Tidwell Rd. Its about 2 miles inside the beltway (8).
I thought about Cypress which is right on 290 as well.
I think I would have to go in on I-10 then take the beltway N to 290. Luckily I could get right off 290 immediatly and take the service road.

Would I expect a 45 minute commute each day? longer?
Old Mar 1, 2002, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Avoid I-10 east bound in the morning if all possible. Use local to get to Beltway (you have to pay toll here), and go north for like 15-20 mins to 290...shouldn't be THAT bad...
Old Mar 1, 2002, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like I could take Clay road all the way to within a block of work.
Is Clay road real busy too, or is that a better way?

I should be down there within 10 days or so. Maybe we can meet up and you can show me around a bit, as I am a Texas newbie.