Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

big thanks, Motorsport ranch Evo day

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big thanks, DHM Motorsport ranch Evo day

Wanted to put an enormous thanks out to the two guy and the many helpers that made yesterday’s event at Motorsport ranch such enjoyable and exciting day.
Don Herring Jr. and his dad, sister and brother in law.
Robert from forced performance and his wife for putting up with us.
And everybody else that posted info, gave rides, lent out their cars, or just over cooked the hotdogs…
I think I speak for all the attendees, thank you all…

hope someone adds to this post... so they understand we want to do this again and again

Last edited by DFWSILVER; Jul 3, 2006 at 11:47 AM. Reason: adding info
Old Jul 2, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wish I could have been there but thanks for the invite anyways.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

+1
Old Jul 2, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

a big
Old Jul 2, 2006, 07:21 PM

bump!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 07:23 PM

Had a great time. Thanks to Don and Robert for putting this on

need more input
Old Jul 2, 2006, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor

We had a BLAST! And everyone I had the pleasure to speak with during the day seemd to be fully stoked as well.

To see so many good looking evos in one spot running arounf the track together should makes a guy feel good.

Additionally our FP666 consumed approx 50+ gallons of 93 octane during the days sessions, while operating at the same 425whp power level measured only days earleir in the 97F Texas heat - not a hickup, not a belch, not a fart out of the car all day long. Guilluame just kept bagging on the car session after session, completely consumed a brand new set of front pads in the process (brakeman #62 for those that care). Those 300 grind cams put the low RPM tq right back, well even improved on the previous tq with the smaller turbo. Anyway, I can drone on about BS like that for hours.

We were able to get about 10 different people into the passenger seat to feel first hand what exactly how amazing this car has become. I'm sure a couple of them will have some comments to add, please feel free.

The main thing to point out is that EVERYONE had a great time, and I was very happy to meet and hang out with some of the local guys and blast around MSR. We will be doing this again soon!

Boost on Brothers!
Robert Young
Old Jul 2, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Everything was amazing. I never even got on the track and still had a great time.

Thanks to everyone for making it all possible. It's great to have a group of enthuiastic people who are all such a joy to talk with.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by ForcedPerf
We had a BLAST! And everyone I had the pleasure to speak with during the day seemd to be fully stoked as well.

To see so many good looking evos in one spot running arounf the track together should makes a guy feel good.

The main thing to point out is that EVERYONE had a great time, and I was very happy to meet and hang out with some of the local guys and blast around MSR. We will be doing this again soon!

Boost on Brothers!
Robert Young
BIG THANKS to All
1. Forced Performance and especially Scott, whom many of you did not get to meet. He installed my cams previously and got my internals all doing "happy" things together that I can't describe in public!!
2. Pete, Nick and Linda who hosted the cookout. They had a great time hearing and then seeing all the evos coming down the hill, not to meantion meeting all the new people..
3. Apex and all the support staff who introduced so many to MSR. Be sure to sign up for the next session as soon as you can...
4. MSR and all the great staff who handled all of our bungles and yet still made it fun and safe for all of us. Some of you need to join the membership and become a regular!!!
5. To all of YOU who made it happen by showing up!!!

Another big thanks to THE DONS!!!!!
They have given the Evo crowd a huge boost and as far as I can tell, are really great people!! ( regardless of the fact that they sell cars for a living!! Stereotypes be dammned!!! Don Sr. sat up front w/me and yukked it up for a whole session..
Old Jul 3, 2006, 09:04 AM

I had a great time. Thanks for an awesome day everybody
Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Tons of fun and a very successful event! Thanks to all that participated in and hosted this event, and to Pete and Linda for thier hospitality!

I look forward to the next event like this.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks to everyone for coming. We really enjoyed it and have decided to make it an ongoing event. I have contacted Apex to schedule and hopefully increase the class size since we unfortunately had to turn some people away from the class. From some of the feedback I think we'll add a "show" element to it next time, having awards for the best displayed Evo, maybe best non-Evo and best overall. Any feedback or ideas you guys have please let me know. I also want to thank Forced Performance and everyone at MSR for making it a great event, Thanks to Pete and his entire family for letting a larger than expected crowd stop by for dinner. I can't wait until the next one which I'm sure will be even bigger and better.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:11 PM
ez
Evolving Member

In case anyone missed the pics in the other thread...

http://ntexasevos.org/htm/eventimg/eventimg.htm