Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Stolen Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm waiting for the "Don Herring LoJack Service Special" e-mail.

Just kidding Don, hope it turns out. I'll have my eyes peeled. If I see it driving around, I'll borrow EZ's car, race him for keys, and then give it back to you.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:54 PM

I've worked at United Auto dealerships now for about 7 years. It happens. I've worked at some of the best dealerships too.... Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari. We've come to work a few times with a Porsche vanished or even a Land Rover or Jag. It's not always working your way around the cars' security, but working the people. We've found that theives will wait until you leave your key safe unattended or open or a lot valet leaving a key on a sales manager's desk and just walk right up and steal the key. Of course to come later that night and steal the car. If you use lock boxes on your cars, that master key can be stolen from an employee easily and now the theif would have access to every car on that type of lock box.
If we were ever missing a key, we would box in a car with other cars on the lot if we couldn't account for all the keys. Also, your employees aren't always to be trusted. Some of ours have been found to let people into our key room to take a key as well....
As for your car, I can tell it was probably on your used car lot. Those guys aren't the brightest in the bunch. No doubt it was an easy theft.
Good luck getting it back.

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
I wish I knew how they got it off the lot. With the imobilizer key I though these cars were pretty hard to hot wire. Not being a professional theif, I couldn't say. My experience is that most theives aren't smart and many will drive a stolen car, hence the post.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo8kitten
I've worked at United Auto dealerships now for about 7 years. It happens. I've worked at some of the best dealerships too.... Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari. We've come to work a few times with a Porsche vanished or even a Land Rover or Jag. It's not always working your way around the cars' security, but working the people. We've found that theives will wait until you leave your key safe unattended or open or a lot valet leaving a key on a sales manager's desk and just walk right up and steal the key. Of course to come later that night and steal the car. If you use lock boxes on your cars, that master key can be stolen from an employee easily and now the theif would have access to every car on that type of lock box.
If we were ever missing a key, we would box in a car with other cars on the lot if we couldn't account for all the keys. Also, your employees aren't always to be trusted. Some of ours have been found to let people into our key room to take a key as well....
As for your car, I can tell it was probably on your used car lot. Those guys aren't the brightest in the bunch. No doubt it was an easy theft.
Good luck getting it back.

it's like Gone in 60 seconds type of ****
Old Aug 3, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Holy crap! That's typical it was red. Now I'm going to be all paranoid on the way home.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
Holy crap! That's typical it was red. Now I'm going to be all paranoid on the way home.
Your looking at it the wrong way, now theres more spare parts that match your color.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Great News! The Irving Police have recovered the stolen Evo. I pick it up tomorow at the pound. We'll put it through the shop tomorow and hopefully it will be in as good of shape as the police have led me to believe. Thanks for everyones help that looked for it.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

yea
Old Aug 3, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Great to hear that! Hope they caught the SOB's.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

what dumbass stole the car and didnt part it our.......
Old Aug 3, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

after reading the story ....what is the evo's secret code???